Transfers (1 Viewer)

funkydish

ok my UAI wasn't as high as I wanted it to be and now I have to choose a lower UAI-cutoff course and internally transfer after a year to Business at UTS.

it's a toss up between B Property Economics and B Science, but I'm leaning more to B Property Economics as it has more to do with Business than Science does.

is Property Economics a better and safer course to choose if I want to transfer to Business?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If I kno my stuff correctly, it does not matter what u do in first year, u can still transfer to Business provided ur first year results are good enough. They generally look at 50% UAI and 50% First year tertiary results. Because if u transfer, u have to go back and do first year Business in ur supposed second yr of uni, so im guessing the actual 1st yr course u take doesnt have any relevance..
?

josie_is_slut

yeh changing uni's is heaps hard, external transfers.
you better off going into the uni that course u want offers, then do an internal transfer,.,, ur marks are better recognized within the uni than outsiders.....its like coming from a foreign country, worse than australia like some middle eastern country with a doctorate and its worth nothing here

josie_is_slut

where as instead if u got a doctorate from like melbourne, easier chance getting a job in sydney, blah blah, u get the idea

louise18

Dosnt the B Business/B Science have a lower uai cut off like 86-87?

I got a uai of 92.15 which Im hoping will sqeeze me into the B Business but if not im hoping to get into the double degree.

Your best bet with courses would be to phone em up. Im going to the tomorrow (advisry day) to make sure I havent made any stupid assumptions about subjects and to check out the campus as Iv never been there.

Also why does everybody seem to slam UTS and rave about UNSW and USYD? Is UTS a good uni? Im so confused with only a tiny time to change preferences.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i think it has alot to do with your acedemic achievements at uws, (and they take into some account your uai)

...btw im going to macq ... i went to the advising day, and bumped into friends who said it was practically empty compared usyd ...

yer

Hey josie the slut, what is wrong with a degree from the middle east huh? Australian degrees arent held high overseas u no, there r american universities all over the middle east and degrees from there will be more regarded than australians degrees particularly in america, so cut the racism out and get ur facts right

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by yer
Hey josie the slut, what is wrong with a degree from the middle east huh? Australian degrees arent held high overseas u no, there r american universities all over the middle east and degrees from there will be more regarded than australians degrees particularly in america, so cut the racism out and get ur facts right
calm down mate, I think what she was trying to say is that the overseas degrees dont hold so much strength here because the course content of those degrees is unfamiliar to employers here, not that here is better than overseas

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yeah what Pri said and race played no part in that comment either so please don't accuse people of being racist when they aren't because I think its a huge insult if one wasn't being racist in the first place.

Jin-17

Originally posted by natstar
im going to go to UWs to do B Business, would it be hard to transfer to a uni like UTS or Mac
For UTS from talking to a bloke named Rod who approves all the transfers and stuff, it will be hard in that its not an inte transfer, but its not impossible, is there by any chance u can do another course instead for a year? If there is in the same uni I would take that, than going to another uni.

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
Rod? what would his last name be? i'll need to talk to him after my second year hehe.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
i think it has alot to do with your acedemic achievements at uws, (and they take into some account your uai)

...btw im going to macq ... i went to the advising day, and bumped into friends who said it was practically empty compared usyd ...
Usyd looks like the best uni having visited the open days at UNSW and Usyd.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate

Usyd looks like the best uni having visited the open days at UNSW and Usyd.
sandstone ... its just beautiful ...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
External transfers are not as difficult as was made out. Essentially, you apply through the UAC, they combine your first-year results with your UAI to give you a 'new UAI' which allows you to be re-ranked with all the new applicants. Then you're competitive enough, or you're not, as per normal.

Internal transfers are slightly easier in that the faculties will often perform them without really looking at your marks too much. So long as you haven't failed anything and seem to be doing OK, they'll probably let you transfer. Or that's the impression I got at USyd. If you're trying to get into a degree with a much higher cut-off (or with many less places available) they may simply tell you to transfer externally and apply through UAC.

Best to talk to the individual university about it.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
I thought that all transfers were done via uac? (with the exception being uws and macquarie where they both have their own internal transfer systems but also allow transfers through uac)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah
I thought that all transfers were done via uac? (with the exception being uws and macquarie where they both have their own internal transfer systems but also allow transfers through uac)
I'm pretty sure you can transfer internally within a faculty such as science.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate

I'm pretty sure you can transfer internally within a faculty such as science.
same faculty internal transfers should be relatively easy with a few obvious exceptions (such as law, med ...) ... provided decent results ...

lappang

Dunaferr NK soon FCK
HSC
N/A
The competition is very fierce I mean you need a competitive UAI for your course a very strong average at least CR or higher (though it does depend on your course) and don't forget that you are in competition with not only other transfer applicants but also full-fee paying students wanting to transfer to HECS places, skool leavers etc. So in other words have a back up plan!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)