TWO important questions!!! (1 Viewer)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I would appreciate if anyone could reply to my questions, one's that have worried me!!!

1. Is it safe to have preferences in a range of 81.45 (B Business (HRM and Industrial Relations) @ UWS) to 93.05 ( B Arts/B Commerce @ USYD), with a UAI of 95.45?, i really want to get into uni and would be bummed out if i didn't make it in to any course on my list!

2. During Uni i want to work part-time whilst studying full time and i was wondering if it is possible, without neglecting univeristy study!!! especially in combined courses as is my first pref!!!!

Thanks for any help[/advice given
:)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
my two cents....

1. yes (many are cutting it much finer than that!) :D

2. yes, or so I'm told by a friend who has a job and does combined comm/law. Although it would depend on the specific double degree you're doing...ie. science, engineering, med all take up more hours during the week than courses like arts, commerce, business. You'd also have to have a pretty fine schedule/juggling act going, I would think.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by zannaz
I would appreciate if anyone could reply to my questions, one's that have worried me!!!

1. Is it safe to have preferences in a range of 81.45 (B Business (HRM and Industrial Relations) @ UWS) to 93.05 ( B Arts/B Commerce @ USYD), with a UAI of 95.45?, i really want to get into uni and would be bummed out if i didn't make it in to any course on my list!

That sounds pretty safe to me, a jump from 93.05 to >95.45 would be huge! I reckon you will get it if thats your first pref :)

2. During Uni i want to work part-time whilst studying full time and i was wondering if it is possible, without neglecting univeristy study!!! especially in combined courses as is my first pref!!!!

Thanks for any help[/advice given
:)
I'm going to look for work and I'm doing comm/law, which is apparently pretty heavy. But working will force me to organise my time properly I think. Of course, I'm not going to work that many hours a week. So long as you know you can somehow make yourself juggle things and not give up it should be fine.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
How do you expect to be able to afford to live if you dont work? (Do you have rich bitch parents?)
I think you need to work just to have something else to do than study, It gives you a break. And yeah, it does force you to organise your time. Besides, If you can get a job in the industry you are interested in then it can give you a foot in the door for later life.
So yeah, definately work.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Re: TWO important questions!!!

Originally posted by kini mini

That sounds pretty safe to me, a jump from 93.05 to >95.45 would be huge!
Hmm... *recalls the jump from 70.00 to 80.05 for USyd arts last yr*

schwang_thang

Re: Re: Re: TWO important questions!!!

Originally posted by MinAi

Hmm... *recalls the jump from 70.00 to 80.05 for USyd arts last yr*
yeah...n the jump from 98.05 to 99.95 for biz admin at macq last yr....:(

timmii

sporadic attendee
Re: Re: Re: Re: TWO important questions!!!

Originally posted by schwang_thang

You're kidding! It must have so few places...

kini mini

HSC
Re: Re: Re: Re: TWO important questions!!!

Originally posted by schwang_thang

99.95?! At Macquarie?! My UAC guide doesn't show that. 90.30 for B. Biz admin last year it says, highest cut-off was 98.55 for B.Sci (Adv maths).

I didn't realise that such big jumps had occured in the past, must be drops in no. of places I suppose. Demand doesn't change that much does it?

SkAnDi

HSC
It's BBA (International Studies), supposedly they only have 3 positions open or something?

And yeah you should get into your first preference, i'm cutting mine pretty fine actually. Only .05.

I had one of those moments today where you freak out, and you get into nothing that you wanted. It was pretty scary :(

schwang_thang

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TWO important questions!!!

99.95?! At Macquarie?! My UAC guide doesn't show that. 90.30 for B. Biz admin last year it says, highest cut-off was 98.55 for B.Sci (Adv maths).
yups sorri, like skandi sed it was biz admin int. studies...at macq. my bad.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by SkAnDi
It's BBA (International Studies), supposedly they only have 3 positions open or something?
It's also coz they pay for u to go overseas for a semester/year(?), and so u have to be worth their money

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TWO important questions!!!

I didn't realise that such big jumps had occured in the past, must be drops in no. of places I suppose. Demand doesn't change that much does it?
hahahahaha.....so this is the infamous course...... i remember one day back at school, our careers advisor walked around the school in a daze telling everyone he met about this 'crazy course' which was 99.95...the poor guy.....that was prolly like the highlight of his year.....ruse people will understand that hehe... ;)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I think of the jump in international studies....bah!!!! it will probably go up to 95 or something this year. noooooo!!!!

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MinAi

It's also coz they pay for u to go overseas for a semester/year(?), and so u have to be worth their money
or maybe its coz they want fee-paying students for it not hecs

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
i guess i have to get really organised then this year .....i need money to support myself beacuse i don't want to depend on my parents but at the same time i don't want to jeopardise my studies. . . .

I'm praying that cut-offs don't rise aaaaargh the wait is killing me:(

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
i guess i have to get really organised then this year .....i need money to support myself beacuse i don't want to depend on my parents but at the same time i don't want to jeopardise my studies. . . .

I'm praying that cut-offs don't rise aaaaargh the wait is killing me:(
yeah I want to earn some part-time money too, so I don't have to depend on my parents.

You'll be right, at the most I would say the UAI may go up 1 - 2 UAI points, won't go up more than that.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate

yeah I want to earn some part-time money too, so I don't have to depend on my parents.

You'll be right, at the most I would say the UAI may go up 1 - 2 UAI points, won't go up more than that.
The only problem with finding a good part-time job is the lack of experience. I did 1 week work experience during yr 10 but that's hardly enough!!!

jessika

law chicky
HSC

The only problem with finding a good part-time job is the lack of experience. I did 1 week work experience during yr 10 but that's hardly enough!!!

go get some experience now!

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by jessika

go get some experience now!
I tried for the past two weeks.... i've called up and visited small business, law firms, local newspapers, restaurants and department stores offering my services for free for 1 week in order to get some references/experience and all but one said that they don't accept work experience, that they're busy or other things!!! The one that did said i could be during March 3-10 but that's when the USYD Swot/orientation week is on!!! AAAAAARGH:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)