Uni offers (1 Viewer)

chanfky

Just out of interest, anyone got any offers from uni? Like a letter saying they welcome you to their faculty or something?

What requirements do you need to meet to get these offers?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
yeah, I got letters from pretty much all the faculties and universities I put on my preferences list.

Most letters just welcome you, hoping that you'll put their preference first. There usually aren't any additional criteria...the welcome is conditional, so long as you meet the UAi requirements.

Some universities have sent people who got the highest UAIs letters for various special open days, etc. These aren't offers either, just enticements to get people to do their courses.

chanfky

Well I got a couple of letters from the uni, but they are all just letters saying thank you for putting their courses in the preference list blah blah blah..

So does anyone get any offers before 17th Jan?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I think some unis send out preliminary offers to people..there are some courses which don't require a UAI (eg. music, some art courses - these may come out with main round though), and some which are offered by unis in advance to attract students. So yeah, I think there are quite a few people who already know they're into uni. There's at least one person on this forum who already knows...if I remember correctly...

Killah33

Yeh, I got invited to some random thing at UNSW on the main open day. I don't know if i'll bother, seeing that ive already pretty much locked in UTS to be my uni.

But we'll see...

blake

I've been rung up by UOW and offered a position for my course, but nothing in writing has been sent in the mail. Another thing is that no offers are on the early round (which were put out on the 6th of december, which was waaaaay before they rang me), so I will have to login in and check in the preliminary round (on the 4th)..if not I will be ringing them up and asking whats going on.. :)

Saintly Devil

My friend told me that if you get 100 as your UAI, you automatically get a scholarship into any university.

I know that sydney uni gives automatic scholarships to those who get 100 or 99.95 as their UAI, but i don't know about any other uni................can anyone clarify this?

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Asquithian
Most unis will give u a scholarship if u get 100 or 99.95
I only knew of sydney. UNSW doesn't and i didn't really bother to find out about uts/macq. I mean that is 64 people you have to offer money to....quite a lot!

stressed02

UH-oh.... I didn't get any 'thankyou's' from uni's for putting them on my preference lists....

Did everyone get this or only 'special' people??

Killah33

i got 99.95....what? does that mean i get a scholarship?

im off to UTS....i didnt know this occured

also, does anyone know what scholarships UTS offers?

no idea but u can find out
i mean pretty much everyone who gets a uai like that gets a scholarship.

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
Originally posted by Killah33
i got 99.95....what? does that mean i get a scholarship?

im off to UTS....i didnt know this occured

also, does anyone know what scholarships UTS offers?
you would definitely get one at sydney.
i know uts students often have cadetships but check their website in regards to scholarships

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
Originally posted by blake
I've been rung up by UOW and offered a position for my course, but nothing in writing has been sent in the mail. Another thing is that no offers are on the early round (which were put out on the 6th of december, which was waaaaay before they rang me), so I will have to login in and check in the preliminary round (on the 4th)..if not I will be ringing them up and asking whats going on.. :)
early and prelim rounds are often for international students since our results weren't even out at the time of early round offers. additionally unis may offer you a place over the phone however as uac is releasing offers that's an entirely separate issue. chances are even if you don't receive an offer in the prelim round, the offer still stands and you will just get it with other main round offers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)