UNI advising days. (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Who's going?

I'm going to the Sydney one tomorrow. Anyone here been to one? Is it worth spending the day there, or is a lot of it just a waste of time?
I should get in to the course of choice, so I really only need to go to that one lecture thing...I was planning to sit in on more just to see whats going down, but I won't bother if it's a waste...

GJ_JOE

blood brother
i didn't get much course information but atleast there was a free show by waikiki :cool:

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Yeah Waikiki is one of my fave aussie bands and i couldn't believe my luck when on the bus from central the sydney uni student said that they were playing. . .woohoo!!

I got so much info, and sydney uni is even better in person!!!

liz

HSC
Yeah i got heaps of information on the course i wanted to do so it was a good day. ( i went to uts and sydney open days.)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I thought most of the info we got you could have gotton straight out of the UAC guide or whatever, but it was good to actually go out to the UNI and have a look around.
I also heard some not-good things about the course I wanted to do, (speech pathology), so now I am feeling a bit less confident about my choice...but I guess it's better to know now, than finding out later. (apparently its got the biggest drop-out rate than any other course at Syney UNI:( )

I sat in on the Physiotherapy lecture, even though that wasn't a course I wanted to do. I would have been totally scared off that course had I listed it. A lot of people seemed kinda surprised when the person was describing the types of things you do...so I guess it really is worth going to the advising days to make sure you're making the right choices. It sucked that the preferences had to be finalised RIGHT after the advising days though-it would have been nice to have a couple of days to think about it...:(

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I went to unsw, sydney & uts. it was good getting to talk to all the professors and find out more about the courses I was tossing up between, cause now Ive changed my mind and I hope Ive got it right this time. And unsw gave out the best freebies :D:p:D

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by mannnnndy
And unsw gave out the best freebies :D:p:D
damn, i got there when the day was almost over....did they have those bubble pens they gave out at open day?!?

though i did get free lollies, paddle pop, drinks, drink bottle and donuts at UTS :)

mannnnndy

chocoholic
yep, I got one but accidently tipped out all my bubble liquid pretty early which sucked. I had so many free drinks that day I had to keep going to the loo every 5 mins :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)