??????????????? (1 Viewer)

*mememe*

hi could someone plz tell me wats HECS and the Australian fee thingy--something like dat---cos im supposed to select my subjects now and im so lost

thankss

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
HECS - If you are an Australian citizen or Permanent resident (I think NZ citizens also get it but have to pay upfront) this is a heavily subsidised course. The government pays the large majority of the course fees.

Local Fee paying- If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident this is a fee paying course where none is paid for by the government (as far as I know), this can be up to 5 UAI points lower then the HECS course but is not offered for all courses at all unis.

*mememe*

ok cool thx

is there any advantages of being an australian citizen over permanent resident cos i might get australian citizen soon?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i think if your a permanent resident, you can't defer your hecs payment and you gotta pay the $2.5k- $3k per semester up front... a friend of mine is a permanent resident with a HECS spot and had to pay around $2.5k up front...

check this site out for more info:
http://www.hecs.gov.au/

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
if you are eligible to become a citizen and u are not, u are still eligible for hecs, but u need to pay ur tuition fee upfront, and not eligible for the 25% (i think changed to 20%from 2004) discount when payin upfront...

so yea, get ur citizen ship before enrollment... even with the letter which certifies ur citizenship has bein approve makes u eligible to defer... or discount for th at matter...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)