text books (1 Viewer)

NickyP

are there any subjects texts that I should keep for uni? I mean has anyone found that they can use the info in them later on? I am doing arts (psych) /Dip Ed...

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Yeah I was wondering that too. I kept my Chem and Physics textbooks just in case I need to refer back to something basic later on. You can always sell then later if you find out that they are totally useless

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I don't think you will need to keep your physics and chem books or any High school boks for uni, you get them when you get to uni.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I know I'll get them at Uni, but in courses where Phys and Chem are prerequisites, the textbooks then make you get might not include all the basic stuff we learned in High school.
Its just a safety net i suppose.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
I know I'll get them at Uni, but in courses where Phys and Chem are prerequisites, the textbooks then make you get might not include all the basic stuff we learned in High school.
Its just a safety net i suppose.
Yeah but something like Uni physics wil be a lot different to HSC physics.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
You're just pushing for an argument arent you? :mad: :mad: :mad:
That wasn't my intention, I've had this argyment with others ages ago. I was simply stating what is true,

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I used my physics and maths textbooks a couple of times - not often, but they were useful occassionally.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
dont unis have 'recommended' textbooks ... which you go out and buy or borrow ...

NickyP

YEAR 11:

I don't want to be a teacher- I want to to be a child psychologist and what you learn in in Dip Ed (Primary) is good background knowledge. Also, there is not much work around for psychologists at the mo so it's a saftey net as well, people are always going to need teachers!!!

liz

HSC
Originally posted by NickyP

I don't want to be a teacher- I want to to be a child psychologist and what you learn in in Dip Ed (Primary) is good background knowledge. Also, there is not much work around for psychologists at the mo so it's a saftey net as well, people are always going to need teachers!!!

Wheres that course offered at??

NickyP

LIZ:
I'm doing it at mac but i think there is a new course at syd that does a similar thing...i chose mac bc it's got the best psych facilty and bc i know that I come out with a dip ed and a qualfication by the australian psychologsts association....can you tell that i am really excited and have done all my homework!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)