Text books (1 Viewer)

Ezmay

Anyone have any idea how much text books are going to cost us?

I'm doing either animal or AG science at USYD

Jesse

science is one $$$ field... each semester I spend about $300 ... over the 3 years, I've accumulated about a grand worth of books... and that's tight arsing it a bit too - I buy second hand books from previous year students or raid the Uni's second hand book stores (USyd is pretty good btw). ;)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Hey, I want to do animal science too! well, its my second choice, we might end up doing it together! Yeah, I've heard that textbooks are heaps expensive, and also, when we start off, we need stuff like a lab coat, goggles and stuff and overalls for practical animal work, so its going to be pretty expensive. I'm hoping I can get most Of my books second hand.

Ezmay

Animal science is my second choice as well - but it sure doesn't look like I'll end up doing vet! I bet it will end up being pretty expensive, but it will be so much fun, I can't wait!! I know absolutely no one who is going to USYD next year - poor lonely me!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Me too! Dont worry, I know very few poeple going to Sydney, so we can be lonely together. I also hope
*shuts eyes and crosses fingers*
to get into vet science, I got 97.00, but I have access, so might still get in, if not, I'll be doing animal science too. You living on campus? I'm not. Would If I could.
Yay! finaly, another forum surfer who wants to do the same courses as me! woohoo!

Ezmay

Firstly - I got 92.3 and I'm a broadway student, so if Vet Sci miraculously drops down to 97.3 I have a chance of getting in - but it won't so I've sorta stoped hoping.
I'm living on campus - Wesley College
And Cargo is near Orange in the central west - very tiny and insignificant! I'm guessing that cherrybrooke is in the blue mountains?
Anyhow keep in touch my Animal/Vet Sci buddy - goodluck, hopefully you'll get into Vet Sci, if not I'm sure you'll enjoy animal Sci - it sounds very interesting.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
You never know, I mean the entrance UAI for Vet Sci has been steadily dropping, but I know what you mean. I'd so love to live on campus, but teres no way I'd be able to afford it. Cherrybrook is a suburb of Sydney, near Hornsby, sort of inbetween Honsby and Parramatta. I work in Castle Hill. Dunno If you've ever heard of any of these places, but hey.
I'm on Broadway too. Pretty helpful (I hope) NE hoo, we'll have to meet up during O-week, K.

Ezmay

So what course did you get into - I bet it was Vet! Anyhow I'm in Animal Science!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Nah, animal science too. I posted my angry anti- broadway post in another thread. Like they couldnt give me one point!!!! Grrr.
NE way R u going to oweek and the bbq at comden? we'll have to meet up. I know a few people going to Syd, and one other girl in the same boat as us, wanted Vet sci but missed out and now is doing B of Sci / Education and hoping to transfer after a year.

Ezmay

I'm sorry you missed out on vet, it is so dissapointing, esspecially when you are as close as what you were to the cut off. The broadway scheme is what actually got me into animal science, so I can't be too slack about it! From what I can work out half the animal science students are people who wanted to do vet but didn't get in, hence I have renamed our course to "reject vets." I'm sure Anim sci will be great anyhow, are you doing chem advanced or fundamentals? I'm doing fundamentals, which I'm not really happy about. Are you going to the broadway registration on the monday of o-week?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I dont know, am I still a broadway student even if I didnt get in through broadway? coz my UAI was higher than the reject vet cut off, so am I still broadway, or just regular entry? whats this registration thing? why do you register? Oh, hey, guess what? I got a scholarship off access, so I cant really bag it that much either. I'm just a big whinger. "Shut up Megan!" Its okay, i tell myself to, so others dont have to bother!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Oh, sorry, I didnt answer your question, i am doing advanced chem. I dont know what the deal is, like if we are all mixed in with people doing all degrees or if its just animal sci ppl in our classes. Did you get the timetable? It confused me very much. Do we get individual ones?

Ezmay

Yeah I think that once you are in broadway, then you stay. Hey but don't qoute me on that! There is just a program on the uni web site that mentions a registration during o-week. Yeah I did get the timetable and it was a little confusing, but I do think we get our own individual ones. I worked out that we do 28 hrs a week, that should be fairly interesting! Anyhow am going on hols for a week so chat to you latter!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)