What Course and where??? (1 Viewer)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
B Arts / B Commerce
The University of Sydney.

Very happy as it was my first choice :D

So what course and where are u off to in 2003 and onwards?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
B Economics/B Arts @ UNSW
missed my first (commerce) by 0.25
but I'm still happy

looking forward to O-Week now

bex

HSC
BA Communication- Commercial Radio @ CSU Bathurst :D

Crazy

now going to do sports journalism @ CSU BATHURST

bex!!!! wow a fellow csu student!

are you living on campus? if so, which accom?

chanfky

Digital Media at UNSW's COFA (College of Fine Arts)
Anyone going there?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I'm going to Usyd studying B science (adv maths) / B commerce and am staying at wesley college.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
arts/medicine at UNSW.

congratulations everybody.

Ezmay

I'm doing Animal Science at USYD, and am also staying at Wesley!!! So Hi to Ultimate - I can't wait to move in, it is going to be soo much fun!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Ezmay
I'm doing Animal Science at USYD, and am also staying at Wesley!!! So Hi to Ultimate - I can't wait to move in, it is going to be soo much fun!
Hi ezmay,

Yeah I can't wait either, I rated my chances of getting an offer there at about 20%, I thought I stuffed the interview. I chose wesley instead of st. andrews mainly because it is closer and is also cheaper in price ($305 per week as opposed to $325 at St. andrews).

I don't know anyone going to wesley but I guess no one else does either.

Ezmay

Yeah I don't really know anybody there either - One of my teacher's daughters goes there. I've talked to her but I've never met her. Anyhow - atleast we know one person now anyway!

Anyhow I'm Erin, nice to meet you!

Hey, you know all the costs for the student club? What the hell is a formal/informal t-shirt, and are you getting one?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Yeah I don't really know anybody there either - One of my teacher's daughters goes there. I've talked to her but I've never met her. Anyhow - atleast we know one person now anyway!

Anyhow I'm Erin, nice to meet you!

Hey, you know all the costs for the student club? What the hell is a formal/informal t-shirt, and are you getting one?
I'm david, nice to meet you as well. I got sent a wesley info pack, and they've raised the student club fees from $225 - $275. I don't see the point of the student club fees as you are also paying for the sydney union club fees, so you're getting double-charged.

hmm I never read anything about the formal/informal t-shirt so I prob won't be getting one. ALthough they did say that you need an academic gown which costs $90, but I might try and get one second-hand when I get down there.

Ezmay

I know, everything is so expensive! But I suppose that is just typical Sydney for you. I have a friend going to CSU who is spending half as much as I am per week - it really is unfair.

Anyhow the informal/formal t-shirt thing was on the same sheet as the academic gown and student club fees, only it was an optional cost. Anyhow I guess I'll see you when we get there!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I know, everything is so expensive! But I suppose that is just typical Sydney for you. I have a friend going to CSU who is spending half as much as I am per week - it really is unfair.

Anyhow the informal/formal t-shirt thing was on the same sheet as the academic gown and student club fees, only it was an optional cost. Anyhow I guess I'll see you when we get there!
yeah, everything is so expensive in sydney. I think even if you live off-campus it is still going to be expensive per week. I got friends going to newcastle uni who are only spending about $180 per week, and are living in a college.

Hopefully all the money spent is worth it, which I'm sure it will be. I might get the t-shirt thing, just depends on how much cash I'm allowed to spend.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate
Why did you change to UNSW from Usyd?
The cut-off for USyd went up, and I missed out there - although I've convinced myself now that I really wanted to go to UNSW all along. :gridnod:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
The cut-off for USyd went up, and I missed out there - although I've convinced myself now that I really wanted to go to UNSW all along. :gridnod:

Is there any particular reason you wanted to go to UNSW all along?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)