Thinking about transfering from UNSW to UNSW:COFA... Help please! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Well it appears my Uai was insufficient for me to get into my first preference course Digital Media @ COFA, instead I got my 4th choice Arts (Media and Communications) @ UNSW.

I'm currently considering transfering to Digital Media at the end of the year, and I was wondering how I would go about doing it, how difficult is it to transfer between faculties of the same uni, and how hard I need to work this year seeing as I might be transfering...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Ring the university and find out whether it would be an internal transfer (handled by the faculties) or an external one (where you apply via UAC).

Let us know, and ask again. :)

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Ring the university and find out whether it would be an internal transfer (handled by the faculties) or an external one (where you apply via UAC).

Let us know, and ask again. :)
They're the same Uni just different campuses and different faculties so I assume that would be an internal transfer....

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You never know (e.g. for combined law it's almost always an external transfer, regardless of whether or not you're changing universities) - which is why I asked you to ring them. :)

If you want to find out how difficult it will be to transfer, write to UNSW and ask them to send you the non-recent school leaver cut-offs for the past few years for Digital Media @ COFA. That way we can help you figure out what GPA you need to achieve and how hard that will be to do.

You can try phoning the Admissions Office at UNSW and asking for the NRSL cut-offs, on the off chance that they'll give them to you, but they'll probably tell you to send them a request in writing.

stressed02

Hey,
Kind of the same thing happened to me... instead of getting B Design @ COFA, i also got Arts (Media & Comm) at UNSW. I sent a letter to the dean explaining how i topped my school in art, and about art express and major works and stuff, and they called me and said all they could do is offer me fee-paying (because i just missed out) and hopefully i can apply to transfer in April (internally) for second semester, but i actually think UAC handles the transfer from Fee-paying to HECS.

SO yeah they told me to see Student Admin @ COFA in April and re-explain to them... so who knows. I think what the guy said was you need at least a credit average, and they kind of add on your marks to your UAI for 2nd semester, or something like that...

Let me know what they say to you and which one you end up doing. good luck

HSC
Originally posted by stressed02
Hey,
Kind of the same thing happened to me... instead of getting B Design @ COFA, i also got Arts (Media & Comm) at UNSW. I sent a letter to the dean explaining how i topped my school in art, and about art express and major works and stuff, and they called me and said all they could do is offer me fee-paying (because i just missed out) and hopefully i can apply to transfer in April (internally) for second semester, but i actually think UAC handles the transfer from Fee-paying to HECS.

SO yeah they told me to see Student Admin @ COFA in April and re-explain to them... so who knows. I think what the guy said was you need at least a credit average, and they kind of add on your marks to your UAI for 2nd semester, or something like that...

Let me know what they say to you and which one you end up doing. good luck
Thanx for your reply, and your PM :)

As for your transfer, does that mean you have to pay full fees? cos I can't afford it, if it works that way. And I always thought transfers could only occur at the beginning of each year... or is it different because you pay full fees?

I guess I'll get in contact with COFA then, it's just to bad I don't have great results for visual arts to back myself up...

btw were you at the advisory session? I might've seen you...

...And good luck to you as well...

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
You never know (e.g. for combined law it's almost always an external transfer, regardless of whether or not you're changing universities) - which is why I asked you to ring them. :)

If you want to find out how difficult it will be to transfer, write to UNSW and ask them to send you the non-recent school leaver cut-offs for the past few years for Digital Media @ COFA. That way we can help you figure out what GPA you need to achieve and how hard that will be to do.

You can try phoning the Admissions Office at UNSW and asking for the NRSL cut-offs, on the off chance that they'll give them to you, but they'll probably tell you to send them a request in writing.
Thanx for all that information. I'll get around to doing all that....

I went to the COFA website, and it said that in order to transfer you need to apply via UAC, so I guess you're right, it's external...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)