Brigding courses (1 Viewer)

liz

HSC
Any one doing one?? Are they worthwhile?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by liz
A mate of mine is doing a chem bridging course. It depends on whether you need the knowledge and skills or not - if you have the skills or can pick them up quickly I'd try and avoid the course.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I'm doing one. I'm taking a 2u Mathematics Bridging course starting on the 17th of feb at sydney uni. I've only done general in yr 11 but i am doing arts/commerce. It's mainly for the compulsory units e.g.economics, econometrics and accounting, in the first yr. But i'm gonna get a tutor too if necessary. But my majors are gonna be Industrial Relations and Human Resource management and Government and International relations with some units in commercial law!!!

liz

HSC
Mine also starts on the 17th and its at sydney.

liz

HSC
I'll probably do mathematics extension 1. Hey are you doing night or day session?

liz

HSC
I haven't applied yet but will apply for day session too.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Bridging courses must be very intensive, as you are effectively doing a year's work in 2 and a bit weeks.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate
Bridging courses must be very intensive, as you are effectively doing a year's work in 2 and a bit weeks.
For the maths 2u bridging course at usyd they only introduce differential calculus with a general overview of basic algebra, geometry and coordinates! and they assume basic yr 10 maths.

liz

HSC
In the 3unit bridging course do you learn the whole course or only parts that will be relevant in uni??

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by liz
In the 3unit bridging course do you learn the whole course or only parts that will be relevant in uni??
I guess you have to do a general overview of the whole course but more intensive study on one or more relevent topics. I mean it's only two weeks, i can't see them teaching the whole course properly. But we could always go to the mathematics learning centre for free tutoring!!!

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by liz
Depends on what youre doing, you should ask if doing a bridging course will let you go into the mainstream (middle) maths, chem, physics or whatever. 'Cause someone I know didnt do 3u maths and she needed it 4 her course, so shes doing the bridging course, but they still didnt let her join the mainstream maths, so shes doing the lower maths intead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)