textbooks? (1 Viewer)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Well it really depends what uni you're going to!

If you are going to USyd then some, if not most courses have not shown what texts you need to have. Textlists will probably be given to students during O-Week where then you could buy them at the Usyd coop bookshop or second hand shop.

I think Macquarie and UTS text lists are already shown at the coop bookshop website so check that if you are going there, but these are the full price books, but if you want second hand macquaire has a second hand 'bookshwop' and UTS has also one!!!

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by mp3mojo
textbook? when do we purchase them?
since u r goin to unsw, lemme address specifically .....
the best time to buy texts is after ur first lecture as they tell u what to buy. but for software (which me n u r doing), following r the texts for semester 1
<u>discrete maths : </u>Disctrete mathematics with application, second edition, by epp & proof in mathematics - an introduction, by franklin & daoud
<u>maths 1a : </u>claculus - one and several variables, eighth edition, by salas hille etgen. no book for algebra, they give u a 'course pack' for that
<u>computing 1a : </u>haskell - the craft of functional programming, second edition, by thompson
<u>business data mngt : </u> database systems, by rob coronel, 4th or 5th edition

how do i know all this?? my sis did these subjects last yr ;)

mp3mojo

hey Da, hve u bought them yet?
when r u goin 2 get them? o-week/first wk when it all starts?

& how did ur sis find it in the first year?

Last edited:

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by mp3mojo
hey Da, hve u bought them yet?
when r u goin 2 get them? o-week/first wk when it all starts?

& how did ur sis find it in the first year?
well, i had to buy the ones for business data and computing .... i got them already ... from the 2nd hand bk shop. the maths books i got em frm my sis.
she did awite, no distinctions or anything, but then she partied quite hard
a kind word of advice frm her : bdm is shit hard ...... !! if u get over 70%, ure outta this world !!
btw, she dint do software engg, she did BSc Information systems

mp3mojo

hey thanx for all the info :)
im goin 2 check it out @ the bookshop 2day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)