More pain! (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
sorry, i was too lazy to read the article ... but anywayz ...

the government is stingy and dont care about education or research and development - two key factors driving economic growth in other advanced nations ... maybe due to the fact that the government expects to lose the next election and leave the labor party with a stuffed up nation without decent infrastructure, facilities and reserve (economic and financial) ... so that they get re-relected soon after ... just my cynicism ... :p

B

Bambul

The thing that countries like USA have that Australia doesn't is a strong private sector culture of philanthropy. You just don't have the same level of donations to universities as in USA. I'm not trying to say this is or what is good or bad, but an interesting point IMO.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Education is always shortchanged by ANY goverment, I don't see what the big deal is, we knew this would happen after the increase in defense spending.

"Top-up" fees are interesting, that's very similar to the new uni payment scheme in the UK. There scheme has been changed to match our HECS scheme, and now where changing our HECS to look like there scheme ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)