Timetables-wtf?! (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
OK-I'm looking at my timetable for this year that was in the student handbook for my course, and I am totally lost.

For instance: E101-would that mean block E, level 1, room 1?

Also-some of the timeslots have been divided into 2 columns...like, say on a Friday at 2:00 for example, that timeslot is divided in two, with 2 classes going on at once...which one are you meant to go to? Do they figure out which class you are meant to go to and tell you later, or do you swap over after a certain number of weeks, or what?

AND-I was reading on my UNIs site somethign about when you start classes they will give you another timetable for that class, which won't necessarily follow the class timetable we have already been given...if they do that, then what is the point the timetable that is in the handbook?

Basically, I don't know whats going on...can someone pls help?:(

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Can you tell us which uni?

I'm guessing if there is two classes at the same time you are enrolled in one of them (ie: they are both the same, there just isn't enough room for all of you in one class)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I am at Sydney UNI, at the Cumberland Campus.

The E101 definately refers to the room number, not the class...I just don't get what it is meant to mean. Level E? Block E? Level 1? Ground level? :confused:

And the two classes at once thing have two different classes going at once, not just 2 classes doing the same thing cos it's too big...so I'm really confused about how I am meant to be at one but yet still somehow know everything from the other class!? :confused:

They have a section in the handbook supposedly about how to read the timetable, but they basically just say "Yep, reading the timetable is pretty confusing"-then they don't actually explain anything!:rolleyes:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I am at Sydney UNI, at the Cumberland Campus.

The E101 definately refers to the room number, not the class...I just don't get what it is meant to mean. Level E? Block E? Level 1? Ground level? :confused:

Maybe your right.

Or maybe Block E, Room 101 (on the first floor?)

Or maybe it's a grid reference (you know E1, building 1).

And the two classes at once thing have two different classes going at once, not just 2 classes doing the same thing cos it's too big...so I'm really confused about how I am meant to be at one but yet still somehow know everything from the other class!? :confused:

:confused:

They have a section in the handbook supposedly about how to read the timetable, but they basically just say "Yep, reading the timetable is pretty confusing"-then they don't actually explain anything!:rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised ...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
hehe. :)

Oh well...if this is confusing other people besides me then I guess everyone else will probably be in the same boat! I'll just turn up on the day and get lost with all the other first years. ;) Thanks for trying to help.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Ask at o-week and make friends with ppl by asking them for help...*as if* anyone knows what e101 means at this stage! :p

bex

HSC
i dunno bout syd uni but at my uni, E stands for EAST then 101.. 1 would be LEVEL 1 and then 01 is room one..

So for me, the library lawn/quad thing is the centre so its the building east of that, level 1 room 1...

doesnt the building have a name? usuaully they do and the name is given which should at least make identification a little easier??

chait

Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
OK-I'm looking at my timetable for this year that was in the student handbook for my course, and I am totally lost.

For instance: E101-would that mean block E, level 1, room 1?

Also-some of the timeslots have been divided into 2 columns...like, say on a Friday at 2:00 for example, that timeslot is divided in two, with 2 classes going on at once...which one are you meant to go to? Do they figure out which class you are meant to go to and tell you later, or do you swap over after a certain number of weeks, or what?

AND-I was reading on my UNIs site somethign about when you start classes they will give you another timetable for that class, which won't necessarily follow the class timetable we have already been given...if they do that, then what is the point the timetable that is in the handbook?

Basically, I don't know whats going on...can someone pls help?:(
gee that sounds a bit all over the place... don't worry tho, chances are heaps of ppl will have the same concerns as you.. for mine, we enrolled on the net thru this thing called 'ISIS' (Interactive Student Information Services). we can enrol in, swap or drop courses (ie. subjects)very easily - and it automatically generates a new timetable...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)