Want to do IT/Comp Sci. but maths may be a prob. (1 Viewer)

fruitloop

I really enjoy doing IPT and Software Design and Development and for years, I've been working with IT and have done a considerable amount of programming. Hence, I'd like to study IT/CS related subjects at university.

The only problem is mathematics. I've never particularly enjoyed maths and as such I am doing General Mathematics at the moment. Although I do well at General Maths, I am really worried about this because I fear that it will impact heaviliy and negatively on my future career, starting with Uni.

Are there courses at Uni that I can do that don't require a comparitively high level of maths?

I'd love to hear from current Uni students who might have been in my situation.

Thanks!

do0d

if u wanna be as great as fatmuscle u know where to go

if u dont know what im on about then ill just say it
UTS UTS UTS UTS UTS
greatest uni of em all
its the only uni that has finnaly moved in to the present and realized teaching math to comp students is the stupidest thing since umm... last years ipt and sdd tests

T

timbk2

u nutcase. when was there maths involved in ipt.

i think he meant...... USYD AND UNSW comp sci courses deal alot with maths, and UTS doesnt.

JC321

HSC
You don't need much maths for coding. If you are good at maths it indicates you could be good at coding. If you are good at coding, don't worry about maths - you have the bull by the horns.

What I did just there is discrete maths (If All dogs are animals, it does not imply all animals are dogs). Discrete maths is fun and nothing like anything you did at school.

fluffchuck

HSC
You don't need much maths for coding. If you are good at maths it indicates you could be good at coding. If you are good at coding, don't worry about maths - you have the bull by the horns.

What I did just there is discrete maths (If All dogs are animals, it does not imply all animals are dogs). Discrete maths is fun and nothing like anything you did at school.
this post was from 16 years ago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)