Anyone else hate Uni? (1 Viewer)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I was just wondering. I just dont like it. Its not that I dont know people, coz I've met heaps of nice people, its just that, well, I dont like it. Doesnt help that I'm doing a stupid pointless overworking course, but even if I wasnt, I still dont think I'd like it.

Anyone else not like it either?

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
I love uni!!
finally..no more subjects i dun like
i like quantitive methods..
i like foundations in law..
i like microecon..
actually..
i dun like accounting..
but otherthan that most things are pretty good

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC

i don't hate uni... but it's certainly different to what I expected... I started last Monday though, wi th the other UTS and UNSW people and we were all bitching about Uni on Monday and Tuesday...now, I guess it's USYD's turn haha...

The people in my course are awesome... it's only a small class, and we see each other every day for every subject so we're getting to know each other pretty well and stuff.. for me, it's just that I don't really like what I'm learning...

And Uni is also gay cos my social life is slowly going out the window... with all these frickin assignments and shit... I have two due tomorrow... I guess I should start them now hey...

Yuck.

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by Mambomeg
I was just wondering. I just dont like it. Its not that I dont know people, coz I've met heaps of nice people, its just that, well, I dont like it. Doesnt help that I'm doing a stupid pointless overworking course, but even if I wasnt, I still dont think I'd like it.

Anyone else not like it either?
i'm starting to dislike it because i've got no friends hahha...the first week was alright but its starting to get lonely :eek:

Originally posted by johnson

And Uni is also gay cos my social life is slowly going out the window... with all these frickin assignments and shit... I have two due tomorrow... I guess I should start them now hey...

Yuck.
a friend of mine is doing business/law or commerce/law (something like that) at USYD and they gave him an assignment to do when he went to enrol!

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
yes, the periods of loneliness are pretty crap, but that's how it is during ur first few weeks of a new school/uni/etc. wait until u get to know ur tut-mates and things should get better. :)

see how the yellow shirts were? 2nd year students and up ... all happy and friendly with each other. :) keep focused on the goal :p

i sound like a cult leader :S

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
It is a lot more work that I expected, adn I am having a bit of trouble adjusting to lectures, and having to rely on your own notes and all that sort of stuff. I have a very heavy timetable and a lot of my subjects are quite tough, so I pretty much know I will be struggling a lot come exam time. And then theres the commute, and the overwhelming expenses...!

But still...I'm liking UNI. It has a really good atmosphere-sometimes I go and sit down in the student guild area, and I totally forget that I'm at UNI-it feels like I'm sitting in a cafe in the city just relaxing. :)
It would be a pretty lonely place if you didn't make friends there, though.:( Luckily I met some people on my first day :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by jay2000
i like quantitive methods..
u like QMA??
its so...boring!
and i dun mind accounting, simply cos ive never done it b4, so its something new to experience (I wont b doing past 1st yr)

back on topic: I'm quite liking uni - meeting LOTS of ppl everyday which is good, and the workload is ok...mayb im used to it from stuvac last yr...:rolleyes:

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

u like QMA??
its so...boring!
and i dun mind accounting, simply cos ive never done it b4, so its something new to experience (I wont b doing past 1st yr)

back on topic: I'm quite liking uni - meeting LOTS of ppl everyday which is good, and the workload is ok...mayb im used to it from stuvac last yr...:rolleyes:
I'm having second thoughts about QMA - seems like a good way to boost my GPA :D.

I don't like accounting, but my dislike has more to do with the learning journal than the subject. It's dull, but essential for business IMO so as not to get ripped off by shoddy accountants :p.

I find that the workload even in commerce/law is much less than last year, I suppose this could change but I can't see myself having as many things to do as I did in year 12, even if I overload with some French units later on.

timmii

sporadic attendee
I'm *LOVING* uni :D

I love meeting all new ppl and making new friends. I like the new subjects and opportunities, i like the freedom etc....but i dont like the work ;)

hmmm maybe 2nd week will bring cynicism :p

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
Originally posted by timmii
I'm *LOVING* uni :D

I love meeting all new ppl and making new friends. I like the new subjects and opportunities, i like the freedom etc....but i dont like the work ;)

hmmm maybe 2nd week will bring cynicism :p
LOL...I was the other way around.
I hated week one with a passion. Having just finished my second week, I'm in love. I don't even mind the work because I love my subjects (except for visual culture...yuck)

The social scene I didn't like at first. I mean, you only see people once a week which kind of sucks. And the lectures are so big, you tend to lose everyone. But now, it's great. I've met a new person every day! Woohoo!! :D

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
Week 1 hasn't been too bad, except for the perpetually long queues outside the Copy Centre and the Co-op bookshop.

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by Mordenkainen
Week 1 hasn't been too bad, except for the perpetually long queues outside the Copy Centre and the Co-op bookshop.
whats worse is when you get to the counter and the book that you need is out of stock!

mannnnndy

chocoholic
besides the work, I think uni's alright. Its also a bitch to get to for me, 2 hours each way:mad1: but meeting new ppl is good, in every lecture/lab/tut Ive just been talking to anyone Im sitting next to, Ive met so many ppl Im forgetting names now :shy:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I dont really know many people, just starting to meet people in my classes. Everyone Im becoming real good friends with, dont do my course - go figure.

But now that Im 18, I can go out and meet heaps more people.
And also, Ive made with heaps of 2nd and 3rd year people, which is heaps good, cause they know about all of the GOOD parties and they can introduce me to people.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Mordenkainen
Order online from the copy centre...and at least the co-op was giving out jelly babies while we waited :D

I think the reading is going to intensify tho...have u seen the amount of law reading for this semester?!?!?! :eek:

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Originally posted by GJ_JOE

whats worse is when you get to the counter and the book that you need is out of stock!
Yes! that happened to me twice! then I whinged at the guy and he gave me a "cut to the head of the line" pass so I didnt have to wait again.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Wow...I've gone to the co-op shop on my campus several times and have never had to wait in line for more than 2 mins.
One of the very few upsides for being at such a small campus.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)