Uni Chem ?? (1 Viewer)

SoFTuaRiaL

just curious , how many of u students here are interested in pursuing a chem related career? and if so, what course are u ppl planning for uni?

Mathematician

Addition Reaction

Can someone explain to me the Initiation, Propogation and Termination Steps in easy language to understand?
I dont think im that good at intermolecular forces to understand either as i was kinda bludgine last yr.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
my fwend's doing science/law
i saw his chem textbook. it looks like an encyclopedia!
the writing is so small. its scary

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Re: Addition Reaction

Originally posted by Mathematician
Can someone explain to me the Initiation, Propogation and Termination Steps in easy language to understand?
I dont think im that good at intermolecular forces to understand either as i was kinda bludgine last yr.
See answer in new topic ...

Dario

HSC
Yes, my Chemistry textbook is 1000+ pages.
The Biology textbook is even bigger at 1250+ pages.

Twintip

I used a 1st yr book for some other Chem stuff I did in year 11 (not related to school). It's fricken massive - "Chemistry - The Molecular Nature of Matter and Change" by Silberberg. It's about 1100 pages not including a massive index and is hard-covered so it weighs a ton!

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by Twintip
I used a 1st yr book for some other Chem stuff I did in year 11 (not related to school). It's fricken massive - "Chemistry - The Molecular Nature of Matter and Change" by Silberberg. It's about 1100 pages not including a massive index and is hard-covered so it weighs a ton!
I actually own that book now:p And I second that it DOES weigh a ton.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by Da Monstar

nah, actually, it cost abt 65 bucks
thats still a lot compared with hsc textbooks. Last year I didnt even want to part with $35 to get a good book for 4u maths. Man Im such a tightarse:rolleyes:

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
yep uni texts are freakin massive. just try carrying SH Calculus, Biology and chemistry which are all hard bound and all 1000+ pages!! i think the phys text ( fundamentals of physics by halliday)is best as it is split into 5 volumes so if you need 1 chapter you just bring the section you need.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
that was a one off day where i bought those books off 3 different ppl second hand. my satchel couldnt handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)