UNI hours + emplyment! (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
How many people here manage to hold down both a part time job, and UNI? If so-how many hours of each do you do a week, and do you think you will be able to keep it up?

I have 27 hours of classes a week, and on most days don't get home til around 6:30ish, and have been leaving all most of my UNI work to do on weekends. So far, I haven't had too much work to do for UNI, and doing about 15 hours of work a week on weekends and THursday nights would be OK at the moment, but when I get a bit furter into the semester, I think it will get a lot harder to keep up with everything, as well as having a job AND keeping my sanity...which is a bit of a problem, cos I seriously need some money to pay for everything that goes along with UNI life.:( And I don't think too many employers will want to hire someone who admittedly can only handle about 10 hours a week, max! :(
How is everyone else coping?

Morgues

27 hours of uni? :eek:

I work about 15 hours a week but I only have 16 hours of uni but I still get rather tired and by the time I get home all I can do is sleep or browse the net, come closer to exam time I will probably put the job on hold

Generator

HSC
N/A
15 would be fine.
You don't have much of a life, but it doesn't mean that you have no life.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
I do 18 hours of uni a week, and I work Friday 6-11:30, Saturday 10-5, 6-11:30 and Sunday 10-5. So that's like, I dunno... 25 hours of work? i can't count... So like my whole weekend is completely gone... BUT.... I've quit Saturday day now, and soon I'll only be doing the night shifts... (i have two jobs at the moment..)

So, no, I found that i _couldn't_ balance Uni, and work, and assignments, and social life... the latter of which I have very little of atm... so yeah. Jobs=gay, unless you realy need the money.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I cant believe how many hours of uni you have:eek: and I thought 22 hours was bad enough:rolleyes: Im working about 10-15 hours a week, and Im coping alright at the moment.

Mill

HSC
I'm doing 18.5 hours of University and I quit my job coz I cbfed working while at Uni :) Yes lazy! I would have been working Saturday, Sunday 9-6(or 5) and the occassional Friday and late shift Thursday (maybe 1-9).

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Butterfly_Wings, what course are you doing? If the course requires alot of reading and work externally, then see what you can manage. However, if you don't need to do much outside, then I should be fine. (In my opinion.)

beava_69

i do 25 hours a week of uni, i only work like 4 hours a week, and sumtimes mayb 8 hours.
woh how lucky r half o yeh doin like less than 20 hours a week wish i had that:(

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Butterfly_Wings, what course are you doing? If the course requires alot of reading and work externally, then see what you can manage. However, if you don't need to do much outside, then I should be fine. (In my opinion.)
I'm doing speech pathology (you'd never expect that to be so many hours, hey?) Yeah-there is a tonne of reading to do outside of UNI, and a lot of my classes are also very science-y, so that means a lot of rote memorising too...
So yeah, it is gona be v.hard once the exam dates start creeping up...
:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)