college (1 Viewer)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i know one of the other threads here has some stuff about colleges in it, but i thought i'd make a college thread anyway. i was just wondering if anyone else is living in a college (i know there are some ppl)? where? how is it? any crazy initiation stuff/funny stories?

i'm living in st andrews college at sydney uni (they let a few uts people in, the only usyd college that does). seems pretty good -- they're big on traditions though. songs, intercollege rivalry, that bloody brick and gown thing (usyd people -- and the odd uts person -- might've seen people wearing academic gowns and carrying bricks for a few days near the start of semester -- i've got no idea what it means, it just is. :confused: ). freshers (first years/new people) are seen as inferior by the seniors -- weird rules like we have to spell our names in lowercase letters in college documents, come 10 minutes late to every meal, etc etc...

a bit distracting -- you cvan spend all evening visiting freinds down the hallway, or go out every night if you were so inclined. pretty good fun overall. :)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
lucky you but one question do you have a whiteboard and a marker attached to your dorm door so that you can write msgs like 'having sex' lol

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
nah...

*goes and looks on door*

currently i have

* a "free burma" badge
* a fortune cookie fortune, fortune side down
* a "the change is yours" anti-gambling card
* a small sign that says "do not tease the monkeys"
* a label that says "all your base are belong to us"

on my door. i woke up the other day with a shopping trolley and a parking sign sitting outside my room... :confused:

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by saladsurgery
on my door. i woke up the other day with a shopping trolley and a parking sign sitting outside my room... :confused:
ha must be a very weird but funny prank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)