Credit Points (1 Viewer)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
can someone explain to me the credit point system.

Im currently doing 4 subjects which is 48 cps.

next semester I want do 4 subjects again which will be 60 cps (torts will be double weighted).
is 60 cps a semester alot?

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by jessika
can someone explain to me the credit point system.

Im currently doing 4 subjects which is 48 cps.

next semester I want do 4 subjects again which will be 60 cps (torts will be double weighted).
is 60 cps a semester alot?
its all relative .... u cant compare cps from diff unis. i was surprised to see that the normal cps taken in mq is 48/semester, wheras in unsw its 24/semester. the max a student can take is 30 / semester (by overloading). this is allowed only for those students who do really well in the previous semester and with approval with the head of school. so, i guess u shouldnt be having probs with doing 60cp as long as u do well

jessika

law chicky
HSC
yeah at my uni, most people do 36 per semester (most double degree people - me do 48, as 5 years is already long enough at uni)

My problem is I have to get approval from some head of school or something, could be hard considering Im a first year student.

edit: added stuff.

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
Re: Re: Credit Points

Originally posted by Da Monstar
i was surprised to see that the normal cps taken in mq is 48/semester, wheras in unsw its 24/semester. the max a student can take is 30 / semester (by overloading).
*falls on floor laughing* :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

48 a semester!?!?!
Whoever's giving you mq info is seriously misinformed.
We only do 12 a semester...that's the recommended. HAHAHA...48...I'd die.

I think the credit point system really does differ from uni to uni. To finish my degree I only need 68, so the idea of doing 60 in a semester scares me...a lot. But at other uni's, thats obviously not much at all.
Our subjects are only worth 3 credit points each though, with a few worth 4.
It's all relative to your uni.
If you're concerned you're best asking somebody at the uni probably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)