Studying in other states? (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Is anyone considering studying at a uni in a state other than nsw? is it generally harder to get into a uni in another state because the students from that state have preference? i'm just curious!

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by ballerinabarbie
Is anyone considering studying at a uni in a state other than nsw? is it generally harder to get into a uni in another state because the students from that state have preference? i'm just curious!
thats prolly true for most courses. mon ami does med at monash. since entry into med depends on other things besides the uai (like umat n interview), local students dont get preference . it only depends on how good u r.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont think it is?
cos the UAI is equivalent to the other states TER (from the UAC guide), so if u get the UAI, ur in, no preferences to local students

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MinAi
I dont think it is?
cos the UAI is equivalent to the other states TER (from the UAC guide), so if u get the UAI, ur in, no preferences to local students
But some states are smarter than others! (In general) :p :D :p :D

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by MinAi
I dont think it is?
but when ure applying to other states, ure not applying thru UAC or similar, r u? which rules out the possibility of 'direct entry' .....

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
just to clarify, i'm looking into Vet Science/Animal Science... and i'm thinking that if i don't get in to Sydney Uni there might be places at either UWQ, UVIC or UQ, (uwa for zoology or animal, the other two for vet sci.)
i know that i'll then have to probably pay for college too... but if it means that i'll get into the course straight away...
anyway - so i'm guessing from what u guys have said, i just need to get the entrance mark (uai) for the course (it's direct entry, no things like UMAT)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Da Monstar

but when ure applying to other states, ure not applying thru UAC or similar, r u? which rules out the possibility of 'direct entry' .....
yeah u do, say in Vic, u apply thru VTAC, and SATAC for SA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)