Public Relations.... (1 Viewer)

bex

HSC
Hi! Next year im looking at doing Public Relations or journalism at Uni... ive got a fair bit of info about journalism but i was wondering if anyone has info on the best places/courses for PR or something maybe in tourism??
Thanks!!

Lee

best place (reccommended by my mother who owns own PR buisness) is bathurst CSU, next best UTS.
not sur eabout tourism. btw, they are very different occupations - question is do you want to publicise something or sell it? trust me. VERY different:)

bex

HSC
im thinking publicist.. not salesperson!
id like to do like launch parties and functions coordination... what type of course should i do for something like that? I speak english and french so yeah... i was thinking International Communication at Macquarie.. or Public Communication at CSU

Lee

public relations at CSU would be better. or a communications course, jus something in the area, CSU is good. if you don't want saleperson then you don't want advertising:). go for PR. it's a lot of fun too! it';s got the creative style of advertising, but all the behind the scenes stuff which is not so in-your-face as advertising is. also lots of products to check out!!!hehehe

bex

HSC
thanks very much for your help!! im really thinking about CSU now!

sar

If you have a look at the Public Relations Institute of Australia's website (www.pria.com.au) they'll tell you about the courses that they endorse, and you can gain accreditation from doing them. Last time I checked, one was at UTS, and the other was at UWS in Penrith. I hope that's of some help to you!

bex

HSC
thanks i will!
oooo youre from picton... i went to retreat in yr 11 there! and i used to livein camden... hehe crappy trivia for you :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)