Anyone do Pharmacy? (1 Viewer)

d3adgurL

Um i just want to ask all the ppl who do pharmacy at uni if i can still get in? I do 3u maths physics n biology but i don't do chemistry and I checked up websites but they said chemistry is an "assumed knowledge" and that I have to be good at chem to get in. But I was wondering.. if i can do a bridging course of chem and still get in..?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
You only need to have done the course in the HSC if it is pre-requisate-not assumed knowlege. Basically-it means that when you go to a lecture-the lecturer will assume you know everything from year 12 chemistry, and won't explain everything from the beginning...so it will be tough at first, but no reason to deter you from the course!

I don't do pharmacy, (my sister does, though...)but chemistry was assumed knowledge for my course (speech path), which I didn't do, and I'm surviving, although I am finding it more work than others.

Sam

samboh
HSC
yes its possible for u to do it even though u didnt do chem..
and yes it just means u gotta do a bridging course... which ususally happens around 2/3 weeks before uni starts for the year.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
yeh your in the same position as me i dont do chem i properly take up the bridging course well maybe..

d3adgurL

cool.. yay i can do pharmacy :) ... i just hope the uai doesnt rise this year..! GrRr.. >.<

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
but pharmacy cant go up
its jus minimum of 93 UAi and do good in teh stat test?

but this yr seems liek so many pplz wanna do it!!!!!

d3adgurL

Yeh i'm worried i won't get in cos they might run out of places !!

And yeh you need to do the STAT test, i think the mid-year STAT test is a month away.. I'm gonna do the end-year one though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)