Architecture (1 Viewer)

angel_kate

I finally worked out what i wanna do!
Is any one else interested in this course. I wana do it at Sydney uni.
any info or thoughts on it would be greatly appreciated!
:)

Lee

i want to do landscape arfchitecture. normal achitecture would be to mathy for me. also i don't want to be blamed when a house i have designed falls and kills lots of people:)hehe
but yeah, if my math skills were up to it i'd probly do it.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by angel_kate
I finally worked out what i wanna do!
Is any one else interested in this course. I wana do it at Sydney uni.
any info or thoughts on it would be greatly appreciated!
:)

woohoo! yay! someone else wants to do it too!

i was gonna do something like theatre design or arty-farty-design or writing...but i realised that i'd prolly be on the dole for ten years before i get a job....

so yeh im back to my *original* dream of being an architect...
except i'll prolly go to uts (cos its like 85 UAI baby!!! ... sydney is like 91 or something feck that off!!) but also cos at uts, even though its 6 years, its 5 years part time cos you have to work 2 outta 5 days at an architect's office...and you get paid as well...and make connections...so that's good. and uts is like, so way cooler anyway!!! haha jk..

ive heard that learning architecture is a real bitch and is really boring though...though i don't understand how cos why would people keep doing it if it was sooo unbelievably boring?? and i aint a maths/science person either lee, which is why im going to uts...its an arts course so its more on the artsy design side of archi, whereas new south is a science degree so its more the technical side...i think...and sydney is designy as well i thjink so thats my second option if i dont get into uts...which is unlikely considering the uai should be less for uts..

so angel_kate, what made u decide that you want to do architecture? i think the first time i thought about it was towards the end of year 9, and i was like hmm, i like designy and art stuff, and i should do something that i can get a job with, and so architecture it was. its the only thing ive kept steadily wanting to do for the past 3 years..

angel_kate

Well, iv always drawn up dream houses and i love designing stuff, so i just put 2 and 2 together and came up with architecture.
I do more sciencey subjects and my mum doesnt want me 2 do architecture, but i want to.
The UAC guides just came out and the UAI for Sydney is only 86.50, down from 91.40! i was so happy cos i didnt think id get high enough to get into it. architecture at UTS isnt listed for next years courses, though. So we might end up doing it at sydney 2gether!Cool! im so freaked out i wont know anyone!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
. architecture at UTS isnt listed for next years courses, though. So we might end up doing it at sydney 2gether!Cool! im so freaked out i wont know anyone!
OMG are u serious?! i got it the other day and cou;ldn't be stuffed to look at it much, but im pretty sure arch at uts was there!! if not ...that sux ass!

angel_kate

yeah, i checked it over so many times to makes sure. UTS was my 2nd choice after sydney, so i was cut when it wasnt there!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hmm...wtf...are we on the same level here?!?! :confused:

this is architecture at uts right...cos i have the uac book right in fronta me and it says uts... 85.5 (woohoo!!)... 2003...
and im pretty sure i ain't on those hallucination drugs again! (jk)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by AiMz
OMG!! thats what i want to do!!!! hehehe
haha hallucination drugs or architecture?!

where do u want to do it?

im so glad the uai's so much lower in uts than sydney, means i have more of a chance to get in.

AiMz

HSC
i mean architecture!! hehe i want to do it at sydney uni or NSW....but both of them are high too T_______T

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeh that's why im trying to get into uts, waaay lower uai!!
but im still torn between art theory and architecture...cos i like the sound of both but i dunno which one i'd be better at...
oh well i still have a month or so to decide or something

angel_kate

u serious???
I checked that UAC book like, 4 times & couldnt c it at UTS! I think i must b going blind - i'll have another look!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
u serious???
I checked that UAC book like, 4 times & couldnt c it at UTS! I think i must b going blind - i'll have another look!
haha well either that or _I'M_ going blind...oh well im going to that open day thingy next sat so we'll see if it still exists hey!..

spose sydney's not that bad, except i don't think ii'll be able to get in..

angel_kate

well if UTS is 85 or whatever, sydney's only 86.5 for next year, so there's not much of a difference, which is good.
I cant make it to the open day so ul have 2 let me know bout it.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
oh really, i thought it was 90 something before...well that's good then i guess

yup sure though i'll prolly be a nigel cos my whole grade will prolly go to like sydney instead (they're both on the same day)

they're prolly a waste of time but it gives me something to do.

angel_kate

I just checked again for the UTS UAI and its listed in the course descriptions, but not in the fee-paying part, which might mean its no running. im not sure, so ud have 2 check it out on the open day.
Yeah, sydney went down from 91.4 to 86.5 - i was SO happy!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
ohhhhhhhhhhhh...! i get why u think its not there, you're looking at the wrong section!! fee-paying is for like rich kids and international students...look on another table, its cos uts don't offer architecture to international students or soemthing...and that's prolly why u think sydney's so low, cos if you're fee-paying it means u need a lower uai cos you're paying them a shitload of money...

so....

unless your rich as hell, you'd be better off looking at the hecs section angelkate!

angel_kate

OH NO!!!!:(
I have tears running down my face :(
I guess i'l be joining u at UTS then. I cant believe that.
I feel like ive just been dumped by a boyfriend!!!:(

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
AHAAH!!!
you're so funny!!! :p

don't worry im sure you'll be able to get into sydney! ...and leave me a nigel in uts :(
you are seriously the only person i've ever 'met' who wants to do architecture.

but uts ain't so bad (for archiecture). its part time for ike 5 years so you get to make money at the same time as 'studying', and you make connections and stuff like that.! and 85....like you need to study sooooo way less for that than friggin 90-whatever !!!!

angel_kate

i somehow dont think il get into Sydney. Its no big deal, u know, iv only wanted to go 2 sydney since yr 8. nothing much.
at least we'll know each other so we're not complete nigels!
C u there i guess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)