Mechatronics? (1 Viewer)

thrillhouse

Has anyone thought about this course? Experiences? know of a fried of a friend, anything. because i was thinking about doing this course at UNSW next year, and maybe a major in Biomedical Engineering...

Lugia

Oh hey that's what I want to do next year too. Though I don't know anyone who does it, but they stuff that they are writing about the course sounds soooo interesting!!! :D :cool:

thrillhouse

tell me about... i talked was talking to my cousin who studied something a bit similar in London... robotics and automatic systems, he said it rocked! What Uni do you play on going to?

Lugia

um. i'm kinda choosing between nsw and syd. Everyong says nsw is the BEST engineering school but I personally like usyd as a whole... But then the uai is lower for nsw so i guess it takes off the pressure which is good! :D ( like 79 vs 91!!! the system doesn't make sense) But then most of my friends want to go to syd and i sorta want to stay with them...
oh and i'll be trying for those engineering scholarships and hopefully I'll get one and I'll got to whichever one I got ( IF I get any!)
so basically i'm still undecided!
but i'm definitely choosing mechatronic!!!!!
I love robots!!!
:D :D :D :D

oh i was also thinking abt combining it with computer science, cause some career adviser told me it's a good idea... What do u think?

thrillhouse

hehehe you have yourself quite a decision. I was thinking UNSW because of its reputation, and most of my friends are going to different unis anyway like UTS and such..

yeh doing a combined degree is really helpful cos you leave uni with 2 qualifications. i was thinking of combining with BioMedical Engineering, it sounds very interesting. combining with computer engineering would aslo be a good chioce, but that boosts the UAI by about 12!

bilal

hahaha.. funny thing....
my brothers doing mechatronics
i thought it was totally un heard of or something
i alwayz bag him out on that..

hes at unsw.. he goes.. its really good

the other day he was telling me about how they designed this door closing thing or something.. like they use pressure pipes n stuff. and make door closing really technical...
blah blah..

but i hupe its not all about doorS!
ahhahaa.....

though he reckons ppl should get into communications if they can.. better job opportunities

titslap

HSC
i do combined mechatronic engineering and computer science at sydney uni, in first year. i strongly, strongly recommend the course, it is awesome. you do have to be prepared to do a substantial amount of work though. computer science is also a good idea, although it adds a fair bit to the workload. good luck with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)