hey (1 Viewer)

armenia

hey i was just wondering i wanna do someting with law in uni but iam not sure if i will get the exact mark needed so i was just wondering what other courses would be very good for law and what other ways is there of getting to the law course in uni if u dont have the exact uai thanx heaps byeeeeeeeeeeee

Sarah J

HSC
I'm not 100% sure (or no where near that, actually), but I think you can do something like B Arts and then transfer? Or something like that. I know someone that's doing psychology this year and is changing to law next year......eck. I dunno. :( :p ;) :rolleyes:

Soul

New Title...
hey mate,

Law is good, I will be doing law at Uni

You asked a question, are there any other ways to get into law at Uni...

To which i ask you a question,

Really, Serious, How much do you want to do law?

Of course there are lots of ways in, but you've got to be committed, determined, research how you can get in and of course, do your best...

You can transfer at Uni but only a few actually do that, when most people get to Uni i suppose most change their mind, get interested in other things, don't care anymore etc.

armenia

hey soul

hey thanx for the iam really determined and would really like to law but the thing is i dont think i will be getting it in the 90 as a uai so i was just thinking of doing b arts and then transfer but some ppl have told me its really hard to transfer if u dont get credits and so on and i was just thinking if i didnt get that it might be a waste of time and i wont do what i want???/ what exactly do u know i will have to do in b arts to be able to transfer to law

Soul

New Title...
Hey,

Corporate then Property Development Law,

You need to get the law degree first though......

You need roughly distinctions to have a chance to transfer...around 75-80% in Uni + @ some Unis like Usyd also a high uai ~90....You see it's the average of both

Give it your best this year...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
If you're wanting to do law at USyd or UNSW, chances are you won't even be able to transfer if your UAI is less than 90. At the very least, you'd need a high distinction average in your first-year subjects (which is rather difficult to achieve).

You're probably better off looking at Macquarie or UTS.

Mia

im applpying for a double degree in law and environmental science
there is no way ill get the 94 uai required so im applying through principals rec. Which is where all your techers write ou a reference type thing, which gets posted to the unoi and they interview you and if your suitable they let you in with out the uai. Our only eligible if your from a country school though, and not all uni's participate

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Lazarus
If you're wanting to do law at USyd or UNSW, chances are you won't even be able to transfer if your UAI is less than 90. At the very least, you'd need a high distinction average in your first-year subjects (which is rather difficult to achieve).

You're probably better off looking at Macquarie or UTS.
exactly
if u take a read of the Good Uni's Guide, it isnt crap doing Law at macquarie compared with NSW or Syd...hell, at macquarie, Commerce/Law graduates have better employment prospects and starting salary's than their counterparts at Syd and NSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)