Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Late Round Offers & Alternative Pathways

HSC
    N/A

Re: Alternative pathways to your desired university degree

UWSCollege has drop in sessions where you can find out more. There is one this evening at Nirimba

Check http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/mypathmychoice for information about the evening.

HSC
    N/A

Re: FAQ: Late Round Offers

this is a silly question...
    how many courses will be consider in the late round offer?

HSC

Hey, I'd put Pharmacy at Usyd as my first preference before and with the atar cut off for 2012 being ~85 I would have made it, but since it has jumped 5 points I've become ineligible. What are the chances of me getting an offer in the late round (if there are also vacancies available)?

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by validusername View Post
    Hey, I'd put Pharmacy at Usyd as my first preference before and with the atar cut off for 2012 being ~85 I would have made it, but since it has jumped 5 points I've become ineligible. What are the chances of me getting an offer in the late round (if there are also vacancies available)?
    We are in identical situations... But I would think you have bonus points and such?

HSC
    N/A

Also another question. Do you have to actually enroll to confirm our offer?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqueness View Post
    We are in identical situations... But I would think you have bonus points and such?
    So the bonus points haven't kicked in at this stage? Or is this a rejection even with the bonus points considered? *rocks in corner*

Also another question. Do you have to actually enroll to confirm our offer?

Curious about this too...

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by validusername View Post
    So the bonus points haven't kicked in at this stage? Or is this a rejection even with the bonus points considered? *rocks in corner*

Curious about this too...

EAS have been confirmed. I think bonus points have been calculated as well. Did you have any/both? :O

HSC

EAS have been confirmed. I think bonus points have been calculated as well. Did you have any/both? :O
    Not for EAS, but I meet the requirement for the Flexible Entry Pathway thing. If that's been calculated already then I'm screwed. :/

HSC

hi ajdlinux,

regrading this:
    Can I get a later offer even though I got my first preference in the Main Round?

YES. You need to make sure you change your preferences before the closing date for the Early Feb Round and remove your current first preference.

I got my first preference for main round offer but i am thinking of maybe going to my second preference instead, you said that i hav to remove my first preference from my 9 to be eligible to receive a later offer, does that mean i have to delete it from my list or can i just move it down to second instead? and move second to first?

Thanks,
    CHS class of 2012
    ATAR 97.35
    B Commerce/B Biomedical Engineering @USYD

HSC

hi ajdlinux,

regrading this:
    Can I get a later offer even though I got my first preference in the Main Round?

YES. You need to make sure you change your preferences before the closing date for the Early Feb Round and remove your current first preference.

I got my first preference for main round offer but i am thinking of maybe going to my second preference instead, you said that i hav to remove my first preference from my 9 to be eligible to receive a later offer, does that mean i have to delete it from my list or can i just move it down to second instead? and move second to first?

Thanks,
    CHS class of 2012
    ATAR 97.35
    B Commerce/B Biomedical Engineering @USYD

HSC

Hey,
    I got a question. I got offered my fourth preference (commerce/applied finance at MacQ) and I accepted straight away (as advised to do so by the majority of users here). Now that I have though, can I rearrange my preferences so that commerce/applied finance becomes #9 since I know I will be getting in if I don't get a late/final offer? Wouldn't that be the smart thing to do to maximise my chances in the other courses?

Btw, if I delete commerce/applied finance as an option, does that mean the offer which I already accepted will still be counted as rejected?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by J18134 View Post
    someone somewhere on this forum posted what the cut offs were for late round last year. can someone repost that for me?
    http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar...in-cutoffs.pdf

HSC

i called MAQ and UTS and they both said i need a credit average if i wanna transfer from UWS for B. IT

but maq is out of 4 their GPA does this make things harder? it would mean i need 3/4 she said, then what would high distinction be? maybe she meant 2.5?

HSC

124, No it does not make it harder.. it'll be the same thing just you'll need 5+/7(Low credit), which simply translates to about 3/4(Low credit)

HSC

Sorry if this is a dumb question but if you want to be considered for a higher preference in the late round offers, do you remove the course that you got accepted in the main round from your preference list?

HSC

No, if you get offered preference 5, then preferences 1, 2, 3 and 4 are considered. You don't need to do anything, or touch anything, if your preferences are in the correct order. If not, change it.
    B Arts / B Science (Advanced Mathematics), UNSW

HSC

I received my 2nd offer but can i still continue to put my first preference as my first preference (not sure if i should tho cause i doubt that if they didnt accept me in the main round, they wont be accepting me in the late rounds)? I took my 2nd preference off already so all my 9 preferences would be reconsidered right?!

HSC
    N/A

If you are considering UWSCollege as an alternative pathway you could attend their drop- in session in the Parramatta CBD 7 February to find out more.

Parramatta Town Hall - Jubilee Hall
    182 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
    (200m from Parramatta Bus and Train Statiion)

Also check http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/mypathmychoice

and both http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/course/...dation_studies

and http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/how_to_apply/local
    Last edited by gwenwiver; 1 Feb 2013 at 10:02 PM.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Boonyak View Post
    Chances of getting into UWS: Engineering if im below atar by 2 percent ?
    It depends on the amount of vacancies available after Main Round offers are released for that university course. That's what everyone else is saying.

Cadet
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by UACInfo View Post
    HI asparagus,

@dittoo is correct.

If you've received an offer in the Main Round and accepted it, and then received an offer in the Late Round, you can either keep your previous offer and not accept your new offer or withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.
    Hi UAC info! I have a similar situation to asparagus, except I accepted and enrolled with my main round offer at UNSW, however, I got a late round offer for USYD. I want to withdraw from my enrolment at UNSW, but I'm afraid that they might charge me any academic fees, which is unfair considering I haven't even started the course yet. Is there any way around this Academic fee?

"[1] Refund Of Fees – New Students

If a student in her/his commencing semester lodges a notice of discontinuation of a program after enrolment and before the census date for that semester, all tuition fees will be refunded less $500. The student will incur and retain a liability for payment of $500 regardless of whether or not fees have been paid." - That is what scares me the most.
    2012 ATAR aim: 88
    2012 ATAR received: 91

2012 HSC Results:
    SOR 1U: 45
    Biology: 83
    General Maths: 86
    Advanced English: 82
    PDHPE: 96
    SDD: 80

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeOlivo View Post
    Hi UAC info! I have a similar situation to asparagus, except I accepted and enrolled with my main round offer at UNSW, however, I got a late round offer for USYD. I want to withdraw from my enrolment at UNSW, but I'm afraid that they might charge me any academic fees, which is unfair considering I haven't even started the course yet. Is there any way around this Academic fee?

"[1] Refund Of Fees – New Students

If a student in her/his commencing semester lodges a notice of discontinuation of a program after enrolment and before the census date for that semester, all tuition fees will be refunded less $500. The student will incur and retain a liability for payment of $500 regardless of whether or not fees have been paid." - That is what scares me the most.

there definitely is no fees
    MY HSC 2012 ATAR AIM: 90+

ATAR: 91.05

UTS BUSINESS

WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS, PARIS SAINT GERMAIN, EVERTON

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information