How to write a kick arse scholarship application? (1 Viewer)

lilkatie

hey guys,
So I'm applying for scholarships and what do I write for my personal statement thing?
Liek how do I structure it? Do any past scholarship getters have one they can post?
Thanks for any help guys

nwatts

HSC
I'm applying for a scholarship too, for UOW. All the scholarships they offer (or so the handbook tells me) require the same applications, there are simply minor differences in which box is ticked and small clerical stuff.

I've written out some stuff I'm going to get my english teacher to run through tomorrow. I'll post back with comments she made!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
yes, it is the same application, but remember to make 3 copies.

I just wrote 3 pages of prose with headings. But in hingsight a few more dot points might be helpful. In the interview they just drill you on the things you put in the application.

lilkatie

In particular I was applying for Usyd scholarships, and i have to include a personal reference eek

lilkatie

No you need 95 to be considered for scholarships, once you reach this magic no they dont care whether you got 95.1 or 99.9
However of you get a UAI of a stupid 99 then you automatically get a scholarship

lilkatie

yes it is still alot, i agree
but saying i get this, how do i write a pretty application

X

xeuyrawp

*Katie* said:
hey guys,
So I'm applying for scholarships and what do I write for my personal statement thing?
Liek how do I structure it? Do any past scholarship getters have one they can post?
Thanks for any help guys
Heya, I went through the exact same agonising situation.

If you'd like to see mine (it was sucessful), give me a PM, add me to msn or email me or something and I'll scan it and pass it on. Haven't got the electronic copy anymore ;(

Last edited by a moderator:

lilkatie

sweet, thanks for the help
Oh dear this is going to be one big job lol
Also who do I address it to? Eek

Last edited by a moderator:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
no-one iirc

Is it bad to use abreviations in the personal statement? Like USyd? Or do i have to type University of Sydney each time i mention it?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)