question about BScIT DIP @ UTS (1 Viewer)

Gubble

after reading the course description...i found it quite interesting....they say that u get ur fourth year at an overseas uni..which is sweet....and then they also say u'll get a yea'r paid work experience...now my question is to do with the work experience....do u hafta go find a place to work urself?...or does uts have like a bunch of companies and they assign u to a certain company?

fillstar

HSC
i think only the scholarship courses provide guaranteed placement since it is usually affliated with a company.

so u may have to find it but im sure their links with companies can be a starting point for a job search.

but check with the uni or someone who does the course to make sure...

T

timbk2

ok, im actually doing this course now.
you dont go overseas for a year in our course, unless you do a combined degree with international studies.

and as for the 3rd year paid work experience, its 9 months full time PAID work. You have to find the place yourself, but if you are having troubles, the uni can help you out.

UTS does have a bunch of linked companies, but they only assign them to people doing the scholarship course. Non- scholarship people can still apply for these companies cause scholarship people dont have work experience at the same time, but its generally harder cause everyone wants to work for them.

Gubble

ah ok....yeh i was thinking to do it as double degree wif international studies.....coz there isnt much difference in the required uai....kewl.....ah well....ask more about it at the open day

T

timbk2

i'll be at open day... but i wont be with the IT tables..... i'll be walkin around promoting BoredofStudies..... you'll definately see us around... so just ask us questions if you have any

AcCeSs-DeNieD

well I was just at the open day today....
talked to some pplz and I'm pretty much sold on that course now......now all I need is to get my UAI up to scratch .....

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)