BA psych.. UAI (1 Viewer)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
According to that list there's a new degree combining BCom-Accg and BCom-Actuarial - no doubt it'll bring in the Chinese students like crazy!

Can a person actually receive 2 commerce degrees (not just majors)??

X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
According to that list there's a new degree combining BCom-Accg and BCom-Actuarial - no doubt it'll bring in the Chinese students like crazy!

Oh dear, that sounds silly.

Why don't they create a BActuarial Studies instead?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They need to give us a BBA (Bar Administration) *nods*

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
GoodToGo said:

Practically, it doesn't make much sense...

punkoohi

HSC
quick question... i want to study psych, but i DOUBT ill get over 95, so is bachelor of Arts-Psych still good? any thoughts about it?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
From what I gathered, even the B Psych (Hons) requires you to get a Credit average by 4th year (?) and then you are still competing with the people in a B Arts- Psych and B Sci-Psych for Honours.

Remember UAI = Demand not a measure of how 'hard' or 'good' something is.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Asylum is correct: Even if you enrol in the BA-Psych(hons) degree, you need to compete along with every other BA-Psych/BSsc-Psych student when it comes to doing Honours. In fact, the requirements for an honours student are harder (ie. you have to do more subjects, and *possibly* have a higher GPA) than other psych students. So, really, you need only apply for BA-Psych or BSc-Psych, and then alter your program of study to accommodate those extra units that the Psych(hons) students have to do as a core.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
As they have said, from what i understand, it's the same. you do the extra subjects as your electives and if you get into honours, i think you transfer to the bpsych(hons) degree at the end of 3rd year, is that right? if yes, it means you'll graduate with exactly the same degree as if you got 95 as your uai and got into the degree directly.

Btw - what is the point of the bpsych(hons) degree if you’re all competing for 4th year? What happens if you do the hons degree and don’t get a credit average, do you have to transfer and graduate with one of the other degrees?

punkoohi

HSC
BUTT IF i get into the BA psych corse, instead of the B Psych (honours), then i have to keep a distinction average in order to get into honours, cause im not even in the honours course to begin with...!!!! THAT IS SOOO HARDDD

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
whether you are in ba-psych or bpsych(hons) you need to keep a certain average to do honours. if you get into bpsych(hons) and don't keep the specified average, they won't let you do the honours part of your degree. from the posts above, it seems you all compete on a level playing field for the 4th year:
Cyan_phoeniX said:
and then you are all competing for the honours strand on equal terms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)