• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Web Ct (1 Viewer)

xceptional

HSC
hi

i log into webct but how do i access my lecture potes for wk 1 for bios 1201?

it says i have no webct courses?

ne one plzzzz help?

Affinity

HSC
and that's contingent on the lecturer being prompt

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I just realised my courses are on Vista and not the normal Webct...damnit I was used to webctCE

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
Minai said:
I just realised my courses are on Vista and not the normal Webct...damnit I was used to webctCE
With so much invested into Vista, I think the university would like to encourage its use as much as possible to replace the aging CE.

Capitalist

HSC
What's wrong with webct? I can't see how they could change alot, maybe except the dodgy navigation.

Last edited:

Capitalist

HSC
Just worked out why I couldn't login: Firefox 1.5

Vista looks nice I suppose, and is a little more 'interactive' than the original webct.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Capitalist said:
Just worked out why I couldn't login: Firefox 1.5
I haven't had problems with 1.5 on WebCT Vista......yet...

Raginsheep

HSC
Firefox 1.5 works once you allow popups for the site.

HSC
why does both my browsers (firefox 1.0, IE6.0) shut down when i click logon once ive put in my login/pass??

webct seems to work fine, but there are no courses listed up there..

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yup, that's right.

There are:

* Web CT Vista [Newer WebCT, and is specifically made for UNSW students + staff]
* Web CT CE [Older WebCT version, most likely by the end of the year, all courses will be moved to Vista]

You should be able to find your Maths + BIOS courses in Vista, CHEM1031/1041 will be in WebCT CE.

Also, a note to ppl, avoid using Mozilla Firefox when accessing WebCT Vista, you'll get all sorts of different things, for me, I kept seeing the WebCT Vista site as offline --> Site Maintainance, while my other friends couldn't even log in.

Hmm, Just a question, has anyone seen JAPN1000 in their Web Vistas yet? I gotta ask sensei Fukui, maybe she forgot to add me in or something...

gman03

HSC
WebCT vista has too many javascript features. I had a popup telling me that I have a popup remover and wants me to remove the popup software so I can use popups facility of Vista. After that a new popup reminds me that my browser was checked against its list and it is not written by Microsoft.

Also when I press "back" on my browser, I mean "go back to the previous webpage" not "refresh the current screen you are looking at because the last one was too hot to be displayed again".

WebCT Vista, i dislike you.

/rant

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)