HEllo??? (1 Viewer)

rhia

salty
HSC
ange123321 said:
any food techer's alive here????????
hi- 'tis my second favourite subject! but i have no questions of my own, and nobody else posts here!

vg_woz_here

HSC
i do food tech!! and i love it!! i love the teacher and the subject..and im in first place..... its a pity that food tech doesnt get much attention as the other subjects =|

Ballerina89

HSC
I love Food Tech! Its my fav subject! I'm coming 1st in my school :) If anyone needs any yr 11 food tech notes or help with assessments, just message me

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
All last year's stuff seems to be deleted?!?!

Ive done food tech since year 9, was my favourite subject. Got 96 in the HSC and am now doing Nutrition and Dietetics at uni this year. If anyone needs help let me know, i'll see what i can do :)

Have fun !!

EDIT: Not deleted, just not displayed -- if you want to see the other treads select "last year" in the display options box

Last edited:

vg_woz_here

HSC
oohhhhhhh wow 96! congrats!

so how is ur nutrition/dietician course?! is it interesting?! i was thinking of doin that course..but i dunno...

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Im not too sure yet...it sounds really interesting, but today was only my second day, so we havent really got into coursework yet. The subjects im doing this year are Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Nutrition and Studies in Population Health & Health Promotion (Pop Health).

Im not too confident with the science subjects, i didnt do any science in HS after yr 10...so that might be a bit challenging. BUt i have a suspicion that Nutrition1 will be a revision (bit higher level i guess) of senior food tech, so thats a good thing.

Remember, if u need anything i will try my best -- i kinda got lazy and forgot high-school stuff already =p

rhia

salty
HSC
lourai*87 said:
Im not too sure yet...it sounds really interesting, but today was only my second day, so we havent really got into coursework yet. The subjects im doing this year are Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Nutrition and Studies in Population Health & Health Promotion (Pop Health).

Im not too confident with the science subjects, i didnt do any science in HS after yr 10...so that might be a bit challenging. BUt i have a suspicion that Nutrition1 will be a revision (bit higher level i guess) of senior food tech, so thats a good thing.

Remember, if u need anything i will try my best -- i kinda got lazy and forgot high-school stuff already =p
i'm very envious of you - i have been thinking for a while that i'd like to do that course. dietitians are the best people ever!

rhia

salty
HSC
vg_woz_here said:
do u really need chemistry to study dietician/nutrition?!? coz i dont do chem =|
according to the university of newcastle, chemistry is recommended, and "Applicants who have not previously studied chemistry are encouraged to take a bridging course in chemistry before the commencement of the university year."

it really helps with your understanding of ... nutrition and dietetics.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I am definately wishing i did Chem now...but with a bit of hard work i will be ok. I definately reccomend the bridging course. Also, try and remember the basic stuff from year 10. A lot of this i know i have learnt before, i just cant remember it!! Especially lab practical skills...we get to do experiments!! I also find that maths actually does help chem. There is a reason that scientific notation is called scientific.

The other subjects im doing are biomedical science (its pretty in-depth but it does cover a fair few yr10 topics and just expands on them a whole heap. We are doing carbs, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids atm. Most of this shoudl be a little bit familiar).

The others are Nutrition (first assessment is on a nutrient :p) and Studies in Population Health and Health Promotion (way to give it a long name hey, lol). Well Pop health is almost leaning towards psychology in some ways.

All in all i love it :)

rhia

salty
HSC
lourai*87 said:
I am definately wishing i did Chem now...but with a bit of hard work i will be ok. I definately reccomend the bridging course. Also, try and remember the basic stuff from year 10. A lot of this i know i have learnt before, i just cant remember it!! Especially lab practical skills...we get to do experiments!! I also find that maths actually does help chem. There is a reason that scientific notation is called scientific.

The other subjects im doing are biomedical science (its pretty in-depth but it does cover a fair few yr10 topics and just expands on them a whole heap. We are doing carbs, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids atm. Most of this shoudl be a little bit familiar).

The others are Nutrition (first assessment is on a nutrient :p) and Studies in Population Health and Health Promotion (way to give it a long name hey, lol). Well Pop health is almost leaning towards psychology in some ways.

All in all i love it :)
awesome, i am glad to hear you like it! i am also pleased that i have chosen chemistry upon reading this reply, as anticipated that it might be useful if i did decide to study nutrition and dietetics at university.

i find that while still doing my hsc, chemistry helps food technology - and so does biology.

i remember being surprised the first time i found out that dietetics had anything to do with chemistry - my old dietitian said that the reason she was interested to begin with was the scientific aspect of it all.

i guess you could pore through preliminary and hsc chemistry materials on your own time to catch up a bit? these forums might help too.

cheers and good luck!

vg_woz_here

HSC
bio does help with FT...pity i didnt choose chem...and i dropped maths coz i sucked at it...so i guess nutriton and dietetics aint for me =|

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Not necissarily... i did no sciences in senior unless you count food tech, i struggled through extension 1 maths and did rather moderately in 2 unit. I still got a uai 90+ ... you just never know. If you think you want to do it, dont think youre not gonna get there :)

Ok, enough counselling. Rhia, i have noticed that some of this chem is still tucked away in my brain from year 9 & 10, and i am slightly embarrassed to say that i found the need to open up my year 7 science book and re-familiarise myself with basic lab equipment :eek:

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Lol...i usually keep things i feel i may have a need for in the future. In most cases i am right lol. For example i have just started tutoring yr 8 maths so i was glad to have kept everything.

I was going to cull after the hsc, but you know...i just couldnt bear to let go. Lol jk, but yes i do still have them :p

vg_woz_here

HSC
heh i still keep my stuff..but i cant find anything from year 7 though...im keeping it for my brother..incase he needs help...

did you do hospitality for the hsc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)