Hospitality (1 Viewer)

BennyT

Hey,

does anyone here also do hospitality, VET course

I wanna get my hands on some trials if that can be arranged

BennyT

Pretty good........

for someone that didnt study AT ALL.

they should have a hospitality thing on this site......................

J_Walker

Yeah they should,

I didnt study and got about 70 something percent...woo hooo, but i dont like the way the cource is set up, you know , having to pass evey compitency, and the workplacement has really turned me off being a chef.
Oh well

ice_cream

i don't do hospitality...but i can tell from my friend's experience and complaints...that it's not good...she's always complaining about the competencies....and her workplacement...she cut her finger...hehehe...i still can't help not laughing at her....

J_Walker

Yeah the thing is with hospitality...:

-You get a test on every core topic
- With these tests you have to get 70% or more or it is not counted as a pass
- If you do not pass every test ( that is get over 70%) and get all your competecies ( that is , assignments (70%) and all prac work) passed then you have just wasted 2 yrs of your life as you do not pass the cource.

Thats why Hospitality is a hard subject

Lese

I can offer some extended response Qu's from past papers (trials ect)

Lese

2001 Preliminary Exam
Question 21

Australias biggest chicken producers Inghams is among the companies affected by the biggest exotic animal disease outbreak to hit this country
Source: SMH 26.04.99

Outline the role of the food handler in ensuring the correct methods of handling poultry items. In your answer you should make reference to the following:

 Relevant legislation that covers the safe handling of food
 The role of food handlers under the relevant legislation
 The role of officers empowered under the relevant legislation
 Principles of hygiene relevant to poultry

Question 22 Commercial Cookery
Use the following menu to answer the question

Crumbed fish with parsley butter
Roast potatoes
Steamed carrots batons
Cauliflower with white sauce
Beans
Baked egg custard
Stewed apples and rhubarb

Discuss the essential elements of mise-en-place, methods of cookery and plating that are fundamental to the success of this meal.

2001 HSC exam
Question 21
The extension of non-smoking areas is a recent development in the hospitality industry.
With specific reference to current occupational legislation, analyse how this development impacts on the roles and responsibilities of employers and employees in a hospitality enterprise,

Question 22

Compare and analyse TWO different methods of cookery, only ONE which is appropriate for coated foods.

2002 Mid course Exam Extended response
Qu. 21

Andrew has just completed a bar attendants course and is now looking for employment in the hospitality industry.
He failed to gain a position at a local club and was informed by the manager that they prefer to employ females.
Andrew has been exposed to workplace discrimination.
Identify the grounds been exposed to workplace discrimination.
In your answer you should include;
An explanation of the principles of Anti-discrimination and EEO legislation in the workplace
The difference between Direct and Indirect discrimination.

Question 22
As a Kitchen attendant at a busy caf, the chef has asked you to prepare the following food items for lunch:
Chicken Schnitzel
Turned potatoes, boiled
Tomato Concasse
Duxelle with large croutons

a) List the ingredients needed for these items
b) Briefly describe the mise en place procedures essential for completing the tasks.
c) Outline the recipe for each menu

2002 Trial Exam - Extended response
Question 21

There are many factors that influence the style and operation of the hospitality industry. Some of these include market needs and expectations, economic climate, seasonal conditions, legislative requirement and international factors.

Choose THREE of the above areas and discuss their impact on the hospitality industry.

Question 22 Commercial Cookery 15 marks

PAOCHING and BAKING are two different methods of cooking

a) Give a definition of each cookery method and nominate ONE savoury and ONE sweet item for EACH of the methods of cookery.
b) Outline the appropriate equipment required for poaching and baking and explain how such equipment is hygienically maintained.
c) Discuss factors involved in the selection of a cookery method for menu planning

2002 HSC Extended Response
Qu.21

Tourism and Hospitality is a major growth industry and will continue to expand rapidly beyond the year 2002. It is an industry which creates economic and employment opportunities throughout Australia and provides an exciting and worthwhile career.
W.R. Gavin OAM, Chief Executive, Tourism Training Australia

With reference to current trends and practices, evaluate this statement and its predictions.

Qu. 22 Commercial Cookery

Analyse the application of safe food handling practices including HACCP, from delivery through to service of ONE of the following foods.
Fresh, raw fish fillet
Fresh, raw chicken breast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)