HsC (1 Viewer)

Brownie

Hiya there boys and girls...
firstly i just wanna say gooooooodluck to you all for next monday...i was wondering how many ppl in NSW do foodtech? does anyone know...also about the independant trial that anyone did, what were your marks? i got 96%, my teacher is a harsh marker as well, so i was gobsmacked when i got it back..i also did the catholic one as a practice, and when my teacher gave it back i had 92%...did anyone else find the exams really easy? good luck and take care!!

sneaker

wow your marks are GREAT! congratulations. you must have a really good teacher, our teacher refused to let us do the independent paper because the questions weren't well structured, full of typos etc... so we did the catholic paper, which wasn't that bad, the highest in our class (of 23) was 95 (if i remember correctly). What about in your class?

btw, do you want to swap notes? I got 93 in the catholic trial and i do the nutrition option- just an idea.

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
congrats, nice marks, i did crap cause i had my maths trials on the same day omg i was sooo tierd man... but yeah Food tech exams are easy because it's very straight forward type questions, all you need to know is your facts.

swangal

hey i did the independent paper 2...i got 98% and the next highest mark was 80% in our class so im pretty stoked with that!! My teacher also reckoned she marked hard....Hopefully the HSC is similar to that paper!! oh n the food tech test day reallllllllly sux, cos i have extension english exam in the m orn be4 hand:(

Good luck all u food techaroos!

sneaker

WOW! these marks are FANTASTIC! congratulations everyone! and i hope you all get the same sort of marks for the HSC exam :)

Btw, do i have any takers for a notes swap?

sek94

i did it last year and there were 3500 or somethihng. i came 1st (woohoo). if you guys have any last minute questions email me at sek94@uow.edu.au- i still have a lot of the crap memorised in my head. It won't come out as easily as maths and english did.
and GOOD LUCK

Brownie

thanks sek....yeh i had maths and foodie on the same day as well for trials..well hsc food tech exam is tomorrow..arh i cant wait! whoohoooo what option did everyone do? Marketplace or Nutrition? i did nutrition

Gus1985

i'm also doing nutrition... it's pretty easy once you get your head around it!!! i 've been ready for this test for 3 weeks!!!

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
i'm doing nutrition as well and i'm glad i'm doing it:) For our trials we had barely started it, so our teacher said that she would mark it easy for nutrition, but she said when we got it back he didn't need to because we all knew what we were talking about from the prelim course and i got full marks for the extended response in the Catholic trial so stoked about that :D so i'm really confidante with that i just wish i could remember bloody food legislation it's my only downfall

Last edited:

sneaker

every food product on the shelves has been developed via the fpd process, it's also an example of a functional food as it contains heaps of probiotics

jtr785

in the syallabus it states students must have knowledge of a recent food product development

Brownie

food legislation isnt too bad, but its good to know at least 1 legistation for fed/state/local in detail, and how it affects on each sector of the foood industry...good luck for tomoz...

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
Originally posted by Brownie
food legislation isnt too bad, but its good to know at least 1 legistation for fed/state/local in detail, and how it affects on each sector of the foood industry
Yeah thats the part i have problems with remebering them :S otherwise i wouldn't mind them

Oh well exams in 5 and a half hours maybe i can memorize them :s

Last edited:

Brownie

hehehe....just under 3 hours to go....then finished forever...holy moly i cant wait...i really cant get my head around antioxidents and all that yabba...meh...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)