Should I do Food Tech in Year 12? (1 Viewer)

desigirl

HSC
Hi guys, I need peoples opinion on something.

I'm currently in Year 11 and I do the following subjects: Advanced Maths, Advanced English, Chemistry, Biology, Accounting and Food Technology. Also, I did an accelerated Hindi course last year and got 95%. My original plan was to drop food tech at the end of year 11 but i just got my assessment back and I'm second in my class with a 94%. Should i keep it? Or is there no point? I dont want to do unnecessary units next year if i dont have to and dropping anything else is not an option.

Desperatedly needing guidance

desigirl

HSC
I do like it but it takes up so mush of my time and I'm wondering if its worth the effort. I technically dont need the two extra units

Icystealer

HSC
One thing i can suggest to u is that, if you like it and doing well at it i say keep it. Yes it takes time but its quite valuable the stuff you learn cause it can actually be applied into your general lifestyle.
Other than that you should also keep it just to have the extra 2 units as back up. Many people think ah right only need 10 units so im gunna drop the extra 2 they have and in the end some of those people regret it as they flank'd out on the actual HSC day for that exam and it just ruined their entire ATAR/UAI.

lcx

HSC
keep it if u enjoy it.
for me it didnt count int he end for my uai but the pracs are a good way to giv urself a break from all the theory in ur other subjects.
also u never no, it might be the one u do reli well in and might actually count.
while it doesnt scale as well if u stuff up another subject u'll need this one. plus it onli tkaes lik 1 night to study for. so keep it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)