Anyone pick food tech for yr 11 and 12? Or what marks/UAI did people get? (1 Viewer)

littlej123

HSC
hi,
just seeing how people did in their UAI with food tech as one of their subjects?
and if they enjoyed it, and like if you picked it to help with your career path!

THANKS! :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
no offense, but you should really just put all these concerns into one thread as they are all rather similar................

fo-reals93

HSC
Im currently in Year 12 and i picked food tech. Didn't pick it at all for my career path. It was the only thing in that line i was interested in and i did pretty well in it in junior years. But yeah, its supposed to scale your UAI down heaps, and the work isn't that easy either, none of the last year year 12ers got band 5 or 6, in my school, ha :cool:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i did got 92 in it and got a UAI of 88

loved it

some stuff eg nutrition is very handy

career path see sig

34cjb29

HSC
I did food tech, and got an overall mark of 93, and an ATAR of 97.20.
Food tech was my favourite subject at school, and I originally picked it because i wanted to be a chef (no idea why in hindsight). But now I am studying Food Science and Technology at UNSW, which was a result of me loving food tech so much. I'd highly recommend studying Food Technology for the HSC :)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
I did food tech, and got an overall mark of 93, and an ATAR of 97.20.
Food tech was my favourite subject at school, and I originally picked it because i wanted to be a chef (no idea why in hindsight). But now I am studying Food Science and Technology at UNSW, which was a result of me loving food tech so much. I'd highly recommend studying Food Technology for the HSC :)
Yes, but also realise that you did 4u maths and 3u english and chemistry WITH food tech. which is why you still managed to get 97.2. if you werent doing those high scaling subjects, you would have been lucky to get 90.

34cjb29

HSC
i am aware of the subjects i did and the scaling associated with them. i never once stated that my mark in food tech was the major contributor to my ATAR, so i dont know why you feel the need to post your irrelevant comment on this thread when all i was doing was answering the question posed in the thread title:
"Anyone pick food tech for yr 11 and 12? Or what marks/UAI did people get?"
and in the first post
"just seeing how people did in their UAI with food tech as one of their subjects?
and if they enjoyed it, and like if you picked it to help with your career path!"
which clearly does NOT mention anything about other subjects studied, or the scaling associated with them. i'm clearly not trying to conceal the HSC subjects i studied, as you can see, they are blatantly stated in my signature.

al02

HSC
96 in food tech
UAI of 92

biggest bludge subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)