food technology or hospitality (1 Viewer)

Milkcoffee

HSC
I chose physics, chemistry 3U Math and biology, I am looking for something easier, food tech or hospitality? Which is more interesting?which is easier and which require less time?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hospitality has work placements whilst food technology does not.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say that if its anything like how hospitality runs at my school you tend to miss more classes from hospitality workplace, whilst food technology doesn't have that issue.

moocow920

HSC
Having done both food tech and hospitality in Prelim then just FT in HSC I would say food tech. Hospitality involves a lot of practicals, work placements, and in some schools holiday classes. It also scales more poorly than Food Tech I believe, despite taking up more time, and your hsc exam counts for 100% of your HSC which is a bit of pressure on your final exam.

Food Tech is not extremely complicated concepts or anything but it still takes up a bit of time because it is content heavy and you need to remember details such as specific laws, the details of them and dates and things. I would still recommend food tech more though as it is significantly less time consuming and scales better I'm 99% sure. It does get a bit boring, however the hospitality textbooks and assignments are huggeee.

I haven't really loved either subject but looking at your other subjects I would definitely say Food Tech would be best. Hope that helped

Milkcoffee

HSC
Having done both food tech and hospitality in Prelim then just FT in HSC I would say food tech. Hospitality involves a lot of practicals, work placements, and in some schools holiday classes. It also scales more poorly than Food Tech I believe, despite taking up more time, and your hsc exam counts for 100% of your HSC which is a bit of pressure on your final exam.

Food Tech is not extremely complicated concepts or anything but it still takes up a bit of time because it is content heavy and you need to remember details such as specific laws, the details of them and dates and things. I would still recommend food tech more though as it is significantly less time consuming and scales better I'm 99% sure. It does get a bit boring, however the hospitality textbooks and assignments are huggeee.

I haven't really loved either subject but looking at your other subjects I would definitely say Food Tech would be best. Hope that helped
Thanks~You compared it really well. I'll take your advice since hospitality takes up more time. Thank you very much~

eking19

HSC
hospitality is heavy ,and u need to know about stuff about the acts yeah ,
choose food tech and improve on short responses
it is better than hospo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)