Thread: food technology or hospitality

HSC

food technology or hospitality

I chose physics, chemistry 3U Math and biology, I am looking for something easier, food tech or hospitality? Which is more interesting?which is easier and which require less time?

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: food technology or hospitality

Hospitality has work placements whilst food technology does not.
    Maths is not a subject, it's a lifestyle choice
    - snipez264

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

I'd say that if its anything like how hospitality runs at my school you tend to miss more classes from hospitality workplace, whilst food technology doesn't have that issue.
    Maths is not a subject, it's a lifestyle choice
    - snipez264

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

HSC

Having done both food tech and hospitality in Prelim then just FT in HSC I would say food tech. Hospitality involves a lot of practicals, work placements, and in some schools holiday classes. It also scales more poorly than Food Tech I believe, despite taking up more time, and your hsc exam counts for 100% of your HSC which is a bit of pressure on your final exam.

Food Tech is not extremely complicated concepts or anything but it still takes up a bit of time because it is content heavy and you need to remember details such as specific laws, the details of them and dates and things. I would still recommend food tech more though as it is significantly less time consuming and scales better I'm 99% sure. It does get a bit boring, however the hospitality textbooks and assignments are huggeee.

I haven't really loved either subject but looking at your other subjects I would definitely say Food Tech would be best. Hope that helped

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by moocow920 View Post
    Having done both food tech and hospitality in Prelim then just FT in HSC I would say food tech. Hospitality involves a lot of practicals, work placements, and in some schools holiday classes. It also scales more poorly than Food Tech I believe, despite taking up more time, and your hsc exam counts for 100% of your HSC which is a bit of pressure on your final exam.

Food Tech is not extremely complicated concepts or anything but it still takes up a bit of time because it is content heavy and you need to remember details such as specific laws, the details of them and dates and things. I would still recommend food tech more though as it is significantly less time consuming and scales better I'm 99% sure. It does get a bit boring, however the hospitality textbooks and assignments are huggeee.

I haven't really loved either subject but looking at your other subjects I would definitely say Food Tech would be best. Hope that helped
    Thanks~You compared it really well. I'll take your advice since hospitality takes up more time. Thank you very much~

HSC

hospitality is heavy ,and u need to know about stuff about the acts yeah ,
    choose food tech and improve on short responses
    it is better than hospo

HSC
    Vancouver (Or Victoria when in Australia)

Hospitality involves a lot of practicals, work placements, and in some schools holiday classes.
    You should ask yourself the following question. What do find more interesting and enjoy more? If that's not the issue and you're doing it just for credit, take food technology. Even a monkey can pass that.
    Last edited by thomastrig; 6 Feb 2018 at 8:26 AM.

Thread Information