Do u cook in food tech? (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
only a couple of things...... and when u do its not cooking to gain cookery skills

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Yes. I remember my teacher saying something about there not being much if anything in the syllabus related to practical work, though. We only cook because we're ahead in our lesson plan all the time.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Yeah, you cook. But it's never anything exciting. Mostly revolting. I recall 'cheesy, nutty rice'. Possibly the most repulsive thing I've ever tasted. And some health shake that, according to my friend, 'tasted like battery acid'....

The cooking component of the course is minimal. :(

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yeah it is.

food tech is all about (would you believe) food technology.
for example, computers that can make you beer :uhhuh:

69^boi

HSC
N/A
so wots the purpose beside not intentional to gain cooking skillls

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
we had practical lessons every tuesday and we cooked a range of foods, from meals to snacks and bbq's etc.. Food Tech is a waste of time, in my opinion. I easily came first in FoodTech for year9 and 10, I never wrote ANY notes down and the exams were easy as heck.. if you want to rank an easy 1st in one of your subjects, I suggest you take up FT. In my exams they asked general knowledge questions such as "Name the 6 Nutrients" and often they repeated questions and asked us to plan menu's etc.. if you're good at english, you'll score high with FT exams, just BS it all :)
I wish I had chosen another elective subject, food tech was good in year9 but year10 was a killer.. maybe it was just because I had a teacher who was far from interesting =\ idk, but if food interests u, go ahead and choose it..

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
Yeah, you cook. But it's never anything exciting. Mostly revolting. I recall 'cheesy, nutty rice'. Possibly the most repulsive thing I've ever tasted. And some health shake that, according to my friend, 'tasted like battery acid'....

The cooking component of the course is minimal. :(

LOL - the food does taste off sometimes.. like once we rice with cheese and afew veggies because the teacher was being a tightass and cut most of the ingredients off the original list, then next prac we used the same ingredients and cooked wraps using cheese and rice again LOL foodtech.. *shakes head*

tennille

HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
I found yr 11 & 12 FT a little hard & very science based :uhhuh:
Yeah, it wasn't exactly easy. Year 11 food tech sucked.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Tennille said:
Yeah, it wasn't exactly easy. Year 11 food tech sucked.
It wasn't too bad, the assignments were the sucky part, and our school had a FT teacher that put sooooooooooo much pressure on us that I cracked one day in class and gave her an absolute mouthful in class one day. I got kicked out of class for that. :uhhuh:

Then, in the yr 12 half-yearly's (which I failed by two marks or something pathetic like that) rather than tell me how I could improve my mark; she instead told me (in front of my english teacher who was coming off playground duty) how she was dissappointed that I failed the exam and that I should have known better. In other words she was more or less saying that I was a failure in the subject.

I spose you get that after having the same teacher for FT and a few other subjects six years in a row.
:mad:

tennille

HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
It wasn't too bad, the assignments were the sucky part, and our school had a FT teacher that put sooooooooooo much pressure on us that I cracked one day in class and gave her an absolute mouthful in class one day. I got kicked out of class for that. :uhhuh:

Then, in the yr 12 half-yearly's (which I failed by two marks or something pathetic like that) rather than tell me how I could improve my mark; she instead told me (in front of my english teacher who was coming off playground duty) how she was dissappointed that I failed the exam and that I should have known better. In other words she was more or less saying that I was a failure in the subject.

I spose you get that after having the same teacher for FT and a few other subjects six years in a row.
:mad:
You had it bad. It was a bit rude what she said, but since she had you for six years, she probably knows you're capable of going well.

thanks hamo

HSC
69^boi said:
so wots the purpose beside not intentional to gain cooking skillls

coz its science based- your doing experiments on foods really- like make pizza so you can observe the effect of yeasts in the dough.
do hospitality to gain cooking skills mate :)

goody

HSC
We did cooking every week. But now since our school has the 2 week timetable, we only have prac once a fortnight.

hottie_mira

the last time we cooked was sooo long ago i cant even remember!!! and wen we do cook its yuk random stuff cos our school is SO DAMN POOR and evn tho we pay fees every year the teachers buy nice food for ther morning tea and we have to cook with crappy leftover shite..
we dnt evn get real milk, we get powdered stuff and the flour has weevils but wen u point it out to the teacher she says 'its ok, jst extra protein'... weirdos..

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Thats so disgusting.. And you would think with the topics on legislation and the Food Act ets that they would realise the food cant be in that condition and they can get fined if the food isnt stored properly causing contamination. Silly people. THey should know all about food safety considering theyre the ones that teach it :uhhuh:

hottie_mira

i know! they shouldnt give us crap but they just dont care. its ridiculous. half the time they teach us this stuff but they dont know it themself i reckon..lol..

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
Heh, now that we've stared major project, we are cookin every week..

although, we are cooking cookies every week... which sucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)