A.f.i (1 Viewer)

Amyr

Am I the only person in the world doing food technology? Does anyone hate it as much as me? I was just wanting some help- can anyone tell me what the gender issues within the Australian food industry are?

Amyr

Yeah, the majority of the course is pretty boring, hey? I've also done the AFI unit, but when looking back on the work the other day, I found this in the syllabus: Identify career opportunities and working conditions, including gender issues within the Australian food Industry
I can't find anything in my notes, the text book or even the excel about gender issues in employment, do you know what it could mean? Thanks a ton for helping by the way...

Winston

HSC
well i guess its just stereotyping i pressume, most of food tech is applying terms and a bit of common sense

Amyr

Thanks guys- I think I've pretty much worked it out now. I think If there's a question you just need to talk about where inequality between male/female can occur in the workplace, etc.

Brownie

gender differences

hi there...gender issues can include sterotyping-e.g. men usually do the heavy lifting, while women usually pack biscuits into their packaages, other issues can be physically, men are physically stronger than women..depending on what the question is, just kinda bluff it...gender differences can be quite obvious after awhile..goodluck :)

sek94

Gender issues include the stereotype like others have mentioned, as well as things like maternity leave which the company must conseider, and codes of ethics to prevent against sex discrimination in the work place etc.

Kiya

Guys, you should have covered gender issues in the assessment you did for this section. Where you had to pick a food manufacturer - if u remember it go and find it coz you SHOULD have covered gender issues, if they as a question about it they will probably relate it to the food manufacturer u studied - which is the one from that assessment - eg I did Goodman Fielder

stressedoutsam

no i didnt do that assignment

you see my food tech teachers arent even qualified so they can only do like 3 days a week or something

they SUCK

Kiya

man you are screwed then, coz my teacher reckons they could ask us about any assessment we did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)