Anyone else doing food tech? (1 Viewer)

Amyr

Hello fellow Food Technology students... I've noticed there aren't many posts for food tech... does anyone else feel like no one else in the state does this subject? I also wanted to ask if anyone was going to the Food technology information day at Sydney Uni tomorrow. If you are, do you know what its about, and If you read this after tomorrow, what did you think of it?
Amy

sneaker

Yeah i went to the food tech day today, I found it pretty useful, i never understood the legislation section and now i do, but i though the last girl was good in the sense that she was more entertaining than the others, but didn't really talk much about the syllabus, I do bio and I found it more helpful for that. But in all i thought it was good.
What did you think about it?

Amyr

Yeah, I found today pretty useful- I liked the Food Product development lecture the most useful- that case study seems like a good one to use. I didn't stay for the nutrition talk because we're not doing that option, which sucked cause we only had 2 lectures. I found the first lecture good but REALLY BORING :( Where are you in the full HSC course so far? I think we're really far behind- only half way through FPD! Amy :)

sneaker

The guy was boring but i figured i had to learn it so i forced myself- painful really! We started the nutrition topic two weeks ago but probably wont finish it for the trial. For the marketplace option, what textbooks do you use since it's not in the fte in action book? I would die without that book, and i think my teacher would too!

Are there a lot of people doing food tech in your year? We have something like 23people which some people regard as heaps.

Amyr

23 seems like a pretty big class. We have 11, and only 2 boys. With marketplace, I think our teacher is using the Excel more than anything. Our teacher isn't really very good, and I often feel disadvantaged- most of the people in my class don't work because they're not looking at getting a good UAI. Do you know how Food Tech is scaled?

sneaker

Well in short it doesn't scale you up unless you score in the very high 90s, like 98 and 99, well that was the case last year and most other marks were slightly scaled down, but only slightly. I guess that's becuase last year's fte cohort were 'smart' or the test was easy, so it really varies. Let's hope for up-scaling this yr

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
if u get 98 or 99 how can u get scaled up anymore?
its like barely anyhting

lebo_angel

Reply...

Hey wassup, i gotta say... any class numbers above 20 are amazing for a food technology class, we have 8! I believe it's a bullshit subject, not quite chemistry, not nearly biology and a sad excuse for hospitality.

However, i'll not completely insult the subject, as it does have merit if your ambitions include pig farming! :apig:

Good luck anyway! :headbang:

shaz

Curlwaa, it's about 3km from Wentworth nsw, and 35
Hello everybody, I'm new to this so please forgive any muck-ups. I would not complain about having 8 in a class, I have 3, and the other 2 members are guys!! I don't think I have 23 people in my maths class. My teacher also lives by the Excel book, I don't know what she would do without it. I haven't been to any infomation days, which is probably a loss, but I live about 1000ks from Sydney so I don't think I would ever be able to get there. Lol oh well. bye xoxox

cindy

food tech

we have bout 12 in our class and its great!ive always found it easier to work in a small class...and our teacher is fantastic, shes been doin this job for as long as skool has been round...really knows her stuff...im sorry to hear that some ppl arnt giving food tech the credit it deserves, its the best subject i do in terms of learning skills that i need for my future occupation, much beta than hospitality.i do feel a bit ripped off that we get scaled down, coz it aint an easy course...and theres just soooo much content.our teacher works from the sylabus, the same place the markers get their questions....she often tells us that the text books arnt much good...mwamwamwa.....cindy

Winston

HSC
Re: food tech

Originally posted by cindy
we have bout 12 in our class and its great!ive always found it easier to work in a small class...and our teacher is fantastic, shes been doin this job for as long as skool has been round...really knows her stuff...im sorry to hear that some ppl arnt giving food tech the credit it deserves, its the best subject i do in terms of learning skills that i need for my future occupation, much beta than hospitality.i do feel a bit ripped off that we get scaled down, coz it aint an easy course...and theres just soooo much content.our teacher works from the sylabus, the same place the markers get their questions....she often tells us that the text books arnt much good...mwamwamwa.....cindy
yep i do food tech too

but people look at me weirdly because im a guy doing it

it's not even cooking based, it's theory based so yeah

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Winston, who really cares what everyone else thinks? I would love it if my future husband was into cooking, it would be great! The food tech class has 2 guys in it out of 6 people. Next year in hospitality there will be heaps of guys!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
Winston, who really cares what everyone else thinks? I would love it if my future husband was into cooking, it would be great! The food tech class has 2 guys in it out of 6 people. Next year in hospitality there will be heaps of guys!
heh, i liked our cooking pracs, working with the babes while cooking lol

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
A moderater. No one comes in here, they deleted the ones that weren't being looked at anymore. The reason why hospitality isn't a forum is because its a TAFE course and doesn't go towards your UAI :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)