New uni mail (1 Viewer)

SarahColman

HSC
hi,

I don't know how to make it work,
the links they have given, with the temp password come up as invalid???

has anyone got it to work??
:haha:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I have it working. Didn't need to make a temporary password, I signed in with my unikey + uni password and was good to go.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
why would u use outlook/pop when u can use thunderbird/imap?

izzy88

HSC
we can still use entourage with the new system right though? i haven't tried setting it up yet but i think i downloaded the instructions off the usyd website.

aussie-boy

HSC
this is really really annoying

i have outlook set up perfectly atm; the uni mail is forwarded to my gmail where it syncs with outlook via IMAP
why does it have to be changed at all? if people want advanced features, they should install outlook on their computers

the only potential benefit is the ability to check calendars online without my lappy .. but then id have to sync it (gmail and read uni msgs) back with the uni server, which is just to complicated for me to even think about

and i definitely do not want 2 accounts in outlook to sort through

why dont the IT people spend some time fixing real annoyances, like the stupid VPN thing, or the 6MB a day limit on free internet, or the fact that you cant use the online functionality of applications when using free web cache

Scorch

HSC
Fuck this shit up the arse. Now I have to go somewhere other than myuni to check if I have any new emails.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Just redirect all email to gmail/whatever. I've never used whatever interface usyd has had.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
it didn't work for me.
For a long time.
But then I realised I was putting in the wrong password.
WORKS FINE NOW GUISE THANKS FOR LISTENING!

HSC
Does anyone else find that their unikey + password doesn't work for this?
Are you using your old password? We were sent an email a few days ago that gives us a new password to sign in with the first time we use the new system.

If you haven't done this, look for an email in your inbox from Sydney Mail Administrator.

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
well, the email i got from admin said my current unikey password would work, but it doesn't! this is getting agravating since my hatred for microsoft exopands into an unknown intensity. atgh!!

jaimebien

HSC
You don't have to use an email client like Outlook to access the email. Just go to http://www.outlook.com.

As for the password problem, it seems like a common issue. Call the helpline at 93516000 and press 5. They close at 9pm though I'm not sure if they open on the weekend.

Also, if you can, try to access your new email asap. When I checked it for the first time today, I'd received several important updates from my tutor already.

Now, for my rant. Geek alert! Their "email rules" are very annoying. When I set up the redirect from uni mail to my gmail account, it makes gmail think that the email was sent to your gmail address directly, as opposed to being a redirect. That's annoying me because now not all my emails sent to to the uni email address will be filtered through to my "uni" label properly. Gah.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
Now, for my rant. Geek alert! Their "email rules" are very annoying. When I set up the redirect from uni mail to my gmail account, it makes gmail think that the email was sent to your gmail address directly, as opposed to being a redirect. That's annoying me because now not all my emails sent to to the uni email address will be filtered through to my "uni" label properly. Gah.
when you redirect your uni mail put a dot somewhere in the gmail address.

eg. imalittl.eteapot@gmail.com

(gmail ignores dots so you'll still get the messages)

then in gmail filter everything addressed to imatlittl.eteapot@gmail.com to your uni label

man i am full of good advice tonight

jaimebien

HSC
when you redirect your uni mail put a dot somewhere in the gmail address.

eg. imalittl.eteapot@gmail.com

(gmail ignores dots so you'll still get the messages)

then in gmail filter everything addressed to imatlittl.eteapot@gmail.com to your uni label

man i am full of good advice tonight
Hey, that's great advice. I've considered doing that before for things like signing up for newsletters at random websites. So...if I do that...should I use variations of positions of dots? Like (to use your hilarious example) imalittl.eteapot@gmail.com for uni mail and imalittleteapo.t@gmail.com for newsletters? Ah, this is getting a bit OCD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)