• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UTS: Internal Course Transfer (1 Viewer)

krayzie_

HSC
[size=+2]UTS: Internal Course Transfer are NOW available.[/size]

This is for internal course transfers within your current faculty and internal course transfer (graduating).

Also to note ;

Not all faculties are offering transfers in Spring semester.

Design, Architecture & Building, Humanities & Social Sciences and Law are NOT offering undergraduate transfers, while the Business and Education are offering limited undergraduate transfers.

You can find it here as well as additional information,

http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/enrolment/continuing/internalcoursetransfers.html

Good luck!

Last edited:

krayzie_

HSC
It's cool, remember to word process your supporting statement before hand then copy and paste into the required field.

Also, I thought that for B.Science there is a stream that is exactly like MedSci therefore you are majoring in MedSci? So it would be the same thing just different degree name? LOL, David Van Reyk told me this.

Last edited:

nice

HSC
o relly u mean i can still stay in B.Science and do a jaor in medical right??

but i though there were no medical in the major:confused:

anyways thnxx.

if you do know can u pm me thnxx:)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
krayzie_: I PM'ed you on the supporting statement I wrote to get approved into BBus/BComp.

Anyone else who wants to see what kind of structure they are looking for, pm me.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I PM'ed krayzie this; it might be useful for you other guys who are applying for internal course transfers.

A credit average+ is ideal. But I'm sure they individually go through every application (I vaguely remember them taking around 3-4 weeks to process).

After I submitted my application online, I photocopied documents like my UAI certificate, HSC Certificate and marks, school reference and other things that I did (like leadership programs and volunteer work) and attached it to a printout if the application form (you can request a PDF file of your application to be sent to your UTS Email). I then went to the student centre of my home faculty and handed it to them- for it to go to whoever was responsible for looking at these applications. I'm sure that helped besides from my university grades.

gracie007

HSC
^yeah, as i said i want to transfer. im doing app chem now, wanna transfer to either forensic bio or med sci....should i just apply for both and see what happens?
i dunno how much success ill have though, i got 75 uai BUT with EAS, so thats 10 points leeway, hopefully they take that into consideration too. med sci is like 84 and forensic bio-87.

im thinking i should meet with someone from the faculty to talk about it all. should i meet with the course director for app chem, or what? who else is there.

gracie007

HSC
p.s. thanks for posting & letting us know..much appriciated! i expected this to come much later.

krayzie_

HSC
nice said:
o relly u mean i can still stay in B.Science and do a jaor in medical right??

but i though there were no medical in the major:confused:

anyways thnxx.

if you do know can u pm me thnxx:)
im sure there is a medical science stream, i was asking about it last year to David .. He said to me "It is a perfectly acceptable program. I have a BSc (well actually a BAppSc but most of my colleagues have BSc). If you complete the medical science major you have done exactly the same subjects as BMedSc student, it is just your degree has a different name. Any good employer will be more interested in what subjects you did and what your grades were than the name of the degree"

LOL,

gracie007 said:
p.s. thanks for posting & letting us know..much appriciated! i expected this to come much later.
Itsss okkk no thanks needed!

Hey for internal transfers.. Does this mean that if we get accepted we will have to go back to UTS during the break to enroll into our subs like our original degree?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah thats true....with science programs there are soo many choices to choose from, whether its chem or medical science or physics, so for example, if you do medical science subjects in your science degree, youll end up with a b science majoring in haemotology for example, so its roughly the same.

i dont think youll have to go back and enrol yourselves because youre not a new student, but dont take my word for it
thatll be stupid if they did

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
krayzie_ said:
Hey for internal transfers.. Does this mean that if we get accepted we will have to go back to UTS during the break to enroll into our subs like our original degree?
What they do is look at what subjects you have done in your previous. On a successful application, they will show you which subjects that you are exempted from in your new course. That webpage which you log into will allow you to either "accept" or "reject" the offer which is given to you. You should do this asap, because it takes a couple of days for your new study plan on MyStudentAdmin to be loaded up by your "new" home faculty.

On that study plan, you will see the subjects that you are "exempt" from. After that proceed to enrolling yourself into your new subjects!

Good luck everyone =)

krayzie_

HSC
Ohhh okay then thats cool. So when I get accepted, accept the offer. DO it asap then a few days later my new study plan will be up! And on that it will be exempt for me?!

When enrolling into new subs.. can I structure out what core subs i wanna doo? or is there like a structure I got to follow? Hehe

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
krayzie_ said:
Ohhh okay then thats cool. So when I get accepted, accept the offer. DO it asap then a few days later my new study plan will be up! And on that it will be exempt for me?!
Correct. You can also call your faculty to ask them when the study plans will be uploaded. They normally will tell you around when it is up (like approximate time and date), and I think they also give you a friendly email telling you it is up too.

krayzie_ said:
When enrolling into new subs.. can I structure out what core subs i wanna doo? or is there like a structure I got to follow? Hehe
Well for business, you can do whatever you like; given that you've done the required subjects e.g. Obviously you cannot start your Accounting major if you haven't done Accounting for Business and Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions.

HSC
what the hell? i applied for an internal course transfer and the system said that i don't have any current applications!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Hmm.. ring up UTSAdmin or the Faculty you are in.

One of my friends was successful in internally transferring from BBus/BComp to BBus.. so the results should be out.

HSC
Hey, I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask, but you guys seem to know about transfers. I'm looking to transfer from Social Inquiry to Journalism at the end of this year, I got a 93.3 UAI last year and I was wondering what kind of University average is required generally to transfer?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
^ D average is probably the requirement, just to be on the safe side.

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
Hey Im in year 12 atm and I'm wondering how hard it is to successfully transfer?
I don't think I'll make it into B Business/International Studies (90 UAI at Kuring gai) but I think I can manage to scrape enough to get into B Business (85 UAI at Kuring gai).
So.. how hard would it be to transfer to the double degree?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it shouldnt be that hard provided you have the grades for it. Im pretty sure its an internal transfer since youre transferring within the same faculty, so i dont think you have to do it via UAC. Normally for transfers, the minimum is probably a credit average, but its advised that you need a distinction average to maximise your chance of transferring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)