Visual Communication (1 Viewer)

allGenreGamer

Is anyone studying "Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication" or "Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media Arts & Production) " right now? If so, please give me some details on what they're about. Like, what you learn etc. Thanks.

frazzle

HSC
I'm very interested in Visual Comunication, but I'm tossing up between that course and COFA's design. and we have less than 24 hours to decide.
I'm mostly worried about employment after graduation.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Ditto on the Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication; also is there anyone doing a combined course of Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication and
Bachelor of Arts in International Studies?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
There is, I've seen them posting before in the " UTS Faculty of Design" etc forum here. I'm fishing for a response... but I'm not sure if I'll get one. *shrug*

frazzle

HSC
the UAI cut-off for the combined Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication and Bachelor of Arts in International Studies is 99 this year.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
frazzle said:
the UAI cut-off for the combined Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication and Bachelor of Arts in International Studies is 99 this year.
Ooh... I know. Scary isn't it? :( I finished in '03 with 97.something... I went to TAFE for a year (because I deferred a UTS - not Vis Comm - course), and then did Mature Age Entry (you know, with the personal statement, interview, and portfolio thing). The only reason I could actually do that, is because I deferred... and when you defer for one year you can change your preferences when you have to reapply to UAC. Of course, the "Mature Age Entry" conditions apply - but I thought that was nifty; to be able to choose the courses you really wanted another time. And if you don't get into those, you still have your deferred offer to fall back on.

Anyway, that's how I ended up in the course. I lucked out. :D The only reason it is so high is because of the demand.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You can also get into the single B Design (Vis Comm) degree and add the B Arts (Int Stud) via an internal course transfer I believe, after your first year, if you get good marks. The UAI for the single degree is lower.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Darn. I thought I'd be set as long as I got 98.8+, but, alas, I may have to study this year.

Sigh.

Not that I would've been able to get 98 w/o study, but now I feel that I have to try hard. :(

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Yeah, it does seem kind of unfair that it's based entirely on UAI. I think something like this should be based more on portfolio and written entry. Just seems more... I don't know, relevant?

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
I concur. If high numbers are forcing them to be selective, it should be on a basis of relevance to the course rather than HSC aptitude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)