this unis reputation (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
ok people i might be going to this uni in like 2006 and i was just wondering does it have a good reputation compared to like sydney or nsw?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so if you're going for "reputation" - no, it's reputation is not as good as unsw or usyd.

hatty

Banned
i must agree. even though im probably going to Usyd next year, im not going for the reputation. ur an idiot if u go for a uni just because it has a good reputation, there are so many other things that need to be taken into account.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
UWS rankings in course in Australian Unis

Rank 4th in Management and Commerce
Rank 10th in Law

(Source: DEST)

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
are good looking chicks there.. i heard there good looking ones, just to clarify...
and as posted in my previous thread..
is the socal life at the uni any funking good

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
ok. fair are there any sports clubs there ie cricket and soccer or union....
.. i worked out the proberbility and i'll keep the results to my self......
and also are there inter uni comps such uws playing usyd in soccer, something like that
.........??????????..........

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
natstar said:
There is the uni games, which compete with NSW uni's and Australian Uni's.
would u say the atmosphere is like or better than sydney||||
also, are there on campus' bars and is there like things like at other uni's

klh

HSC
theone123, thanks for that piece of info, i didnt know uws was 4th in mgmt.

the reputation mite be weak but you have to realise who the teachers are not the image of the organisation. ALtough image is a certain predicter of attracting students, ultimetly the people who teach come from other Unis around nsw or even international.
One of the lectures for a unit i will be doing did her phd at UNSW, another teacher did hers at USYD so even if you go to uws, you'll learn stuff the teachers learn at the other unis.

I remember when i was still in HS and this UWS caampaigner wlaks up to to recruit yr 12 into UWS and i just went up to ask her about the reputation as we all did or are doing and she just said most of the lecturers also teach at UNSW and USYD so it dont matter.

my 5 and 1/4 cents

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
UWS is great cause it has courses which are not found at other unis and its pretty cool that the richmond campus has a strong agricultural influence - it lets u escape from the hetic city life.

michelleanne

HSC
Hi!

I have just finished my health science/law degree and UWS and I am applying for honours for next year.

I have nothing but great things to say about the uni. Administration can be improved, but from what I heard admin at other unis is just as bad- if not worse.

Apart from that, the teaching staff are excellent- nothing to complain- always there to give you help. I have developed a great relationship with many of them.

Law is especially good because the teaching style is seminar based rather then lecture/tut - this is a more condusive learning style for many people.

The resources are great- you have instant access to jounral datbases and books and have a variety of resources avalaible from five different libraries. But, don't excpect to have all the books you want in one particular place. University study means research, than means going to other libraries ie. state libraries and speaning time to research.

Also, you have the option to plan your timetable and at sydney/unsw you get given a timetable and thats that.

Also, reputation. Reputation means nothing if you fail your subjects. I would like to see a person go for a job that went to sydney and failed/passed most subjects and a person who went to uws at received D, HD's.. Employers, don't care which uni u went, as long as you have completed ur degree and done well.

I reccommend UWS- its a great uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)