Creative writing ideas ? (1 Viewer)

kittyful

HSC
Can anyone give me some ideas i have to write a creative piece on the themes of either:

- memory and the past
- Heroism
- Storytelling
- Forgiveness
- war and persecution
- love and romance

i need to have intertextuality and allegory in it as well .. so i was thinking of using Humpty dumpty as the text for intertextuality ... any ideas ?

sharul

Bored Of Studies?Hell Yea
HSC
Love and romance will work well and be creative, try and incorporate into it belonging and alienation ;)

TheCardician

HSC
This is might sound really silly, but try do an action story like the show '24'. In my half yearlies, I wrote a belonging short story about how a man's family was murdered, in Hawaii, by a criminal, and in vengeance he murdered the criminal - later faking his death and exiling to New York. Then I went one writing about his reflection of the experiences he had and how it profoundly affected him. The key thing when writing something like this is to include techniques such as metaphor, alliteration, simile etc - eg. I wrote along the lines of "the waves of eternity don't recognise my presence anymore" as one of my sentences. In the end, I got 14/15 for this; I don't know how, but I just did. So this is partially evident that even writing about silly ideas, and including techniques, would pertain to a high probability of achieving a good mark.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine was pretty much memory and past along with grief and sadness due to loss of a loved one, was very descriptive and did ok :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)