Should I do Advanced or Standard English? (1 Viewer)

Protract

HSC
Just to start off, obviously I'm in Year 10, and one of the difficult choices we have to make is trying to figure out what subjects would be the best for us. And my second point is, I hate English to the core and if it wasn't cumpulsory I wouldn't do it not even if someone held a gun to my head. With ALL my other subjects I am picking I am confident I can come in the top 5 and get over 90, but English is gonna drag me down, really badly. So, that being said; which course would be better for me? I would pick Standard, but I heard it aligns really badly; and only the very top people in it get over 90, and it's much easier to get over 90 in Advanced, but I am thinking that if I at least try I would get a better ATAR with getting better ranks and marks in Standard than in Advanced because there are a lot of people who are very good at English that are going to do Advanced, and my ranks will suffer more there. I have talked to my teacher and many people around me, but I still don't know what to do...please help?

Alkanes

HSC
Try Advanced English if nothing is going for you drop down to standard. What is your school? Because i know some school only allow students to pick subjects based on their school certificate results e.g. like you need at least band 5 in English to do advanced etc. That being said SC is a joke anyways :p

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Try Advanced English if nothing is going for you drop down to standard. What is your school? Because i know some school only allow students to pick subjects based on their school certificate results e.g. like you need at least band 5 in English to do advanced etc. That being said SC is a joke anyways :p
Schools cannot not let you do subjects

Protract

HSC
If some schools do that, it's really stupid. Your results in Year 10 are nowhere near an indicator of how you're going to perform in Year 11 and 12. I haven't been studying at all for the School Cert, and I don't have any intentions to, it is very easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)