Do you study Shakespeare in Standard English? (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
I think there are some modules which involve shakespearean texts in standard, but its not a requirement like it is in advanced (from what I've heard)

HSC
Because today my English teacher said bcuz I'm in Year 10 right know and we were studying one of Shakespeare's plays, and she said that Shakespeare is compulsory all throughout high school and in Stage 6, but she didn't mention that you don't study Shakespeare in Standard.

enoilgam

HSC
Only in advanced is it complulsory, not in standard. At my school the standard students didnt do any shakespeare

HSC
What kind of assignments do you get for Standard English? Essays, creative writing, analyzing poems, speeches? I hope there is not too many Speeches because my voice stutters a lot, and I will lose a lot of marks for that. It's not a mental problem, I don't know what it is, but I can't talk properly.

HSC
I love creating writing but I always write a lot about normal issues like someone special dying, murder, abuse, etc and I know markers don't like that, so I don't know what else to write about??

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I love creating writing but I always write a lot about normal issues like someone special dying, murder, abuse, etc and I know markers don't like that, so I don't know what else to write about??
Write about the most farfetched thing you can think of.

I got first in my year for a story where I wrote about a guy being trapped inside his own mental asylum seeking freedom. It got pretty crazy/weird with some of the concepts in it lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Take English Extension 2 and write about whatever you want.

There's little reason to take Standard English if you're good at English.

HSC
Oh, I am not good at English, partly because I have a crappy teacher who doesn't explain anything properly, and makes it so boring. And I can't do English Extension 2 because I have already picked up standard english, so unless they let us swap subjects sometime later this year, it won't be happening. LOL. I heard you have to write like 40 pages or more of stuff in English Ext 2.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Uhh you also have to do Extension 1 English as well along with Advanced.

So yeah...

Also you'll find 40 pages is no hard task if you like what you're writing about.

HSC
Yes, but I have already picked Standard English, our school has already registered the choices. I think they are going to let us change it after they make the timetables.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is English Extension 2 hard? Do you do a lot of creative writing in it?
Extension 2 English is creative writing.

You have one assignment: construct a major work on anything you want. I wrote a story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)