What Band does this essay deserve? (1 Viewer)

Croompets

HSC
We just had our last english standard assessment. It was super easy, being open book and we were allowed to bring in two pages of notes. So I practically disguised my essay as notes, which the whole year did. I got 15/15 for it, which I'm happy. My english teacher said the essay was a band 6 in the HSC, which I highly doubt. I feel he is sort of leading me on a bit, to believing I will achieve a band 6. The school is ranked 194, so I doubt there will be a band 6 at all in english, however I do want to achieve a band 5. My rank is under 7/70, I'm not 100% sure exactly as we just got the results of the assessment today and not the new ranks.

Ok so what i'm asking is, what band in the hsc would this essay achieve. I don't necessarily need it marked, I just want to know what band it is in, so I can focus on improving my essays and ask my teacher to mark me a lot harder.

Edit: Got rid of the essay

Last edited:

smartalec

HSC
are you crazy posting your essay on a public, online forum?? why not get it marked externally by like ferghsc or mark hsc? you have to pay, but at least you know it wont be plagiarised.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
are you crazy posting your essay on a public, online forum?? why not get it marked externally by like ferghsc or mark hsc? you have to pay, but at least you know it wont be plagiarised.
my franky bladerunner essay is still in the module a section somewhere

Croompets

HSC
yeah was pretty retarded, but i dont care because i topped. So anyone got an answer?

HSC
Uni Grad
lol

moniyoo

HSC
can you get high bend 6 in standard eng i heard it's really hard

moniyoo

HSC
would bend 6 even hard ro get it if you are in bad ranked school?
also would that stop you from getting 90's for atar?

SpreadTheWord

HSC
never been done

low band 6s are incredibly hard in std english
Why are they so hard? Is it the quality of students, or just because the modules they do are not sophisticated enough when being compared to Advanced.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
We just had our last english standard assessment. It was super easy, being open book and we were allowed to bring in two pages of notes. So I practically disguised my essay as notes, which the whole year did. I got 15/15 for it, which I'm happy. My english teacher said the essay was a band 6 in the HSC, which I highly doubt. I feel he is sort of leading me on a bit, to believing I will achieve a band 6. The school is ranked 194, so I doubt there will be a band 6 at all in english, however I do want to achieve a band 5. My rank is under 7/70, I'm not 100% sure exactly as we just got the results of the assessment today and not the new ranks.

Ok so what i'm asking is, what band in the hsc would this essay achieve. I don't necessarily need it marked, I just want to know what band it is in, so I can focus on improving my essays and ask my teacher to mark me a lot harder.

Edit: Got rid of the essay
TBH mate, if i was you i would rather my teacher gave me 9/15 - 10/15. I prefer teachers who mark hard, because it pushes you. Have the mindset that whatever mark your teacher gives you take 2-3 off because there will always be better ones that are more deserving of a 15. I know my teacher marks excessively hard, and i believe its good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)