How long are your english essays? (1 Viewer)

HSC
How many words do you guys write for an english essay in 40 min?
I usually write 900-950 but i've head some can write up to 1200 in 40 minutes... that's insane and impossible for me :(

anne1010

HSC
i used to get my essays to 1050 but i never finishd and always had to cut out in the exams. my pre prepared essays are now 950 words

HSC
I normally write between 1000-1200..

1200 is probably too much.
You write 1000-1200 in 40 mins? Dude, thats soo good! Whenever i've done that i've had to stretch it to at least 50 min and by the end of it my writing is illegible.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I can write to around 1200 but lately, been trying to cut down to about 1000.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
You write 1000-1200 in 40 mins? Dude, thats soo good! Whenever i've done that i've had to stretch it to at least 50 min and by the end of it my writing is illegible.
for a prepared essay once (school already gave us the question), in 50mins i wrote 1700 words lol.. since i memorised every word by word of by heart, so pretty much didn't even think when i was writing lol.. i just wrote and wrote lol... and my writing was pretty messy..

I will never be able to write that much in an exam ever again.. i just got extremely lucky that time.

got nearly full marks LOL...

For trials i wrote

1600 for module c 19/20, 1100 module b 18/20 and module c like 1400 (I forgot to answer the question lol... so ended up with 15/20 and the teacher knew i prepared an essay so she marked me down)..

but im using 1000-1200 word essays now for HSC.. as quality is much better than quantity.. (condense your writing)...

but yeah i don't consider myself to be a large writer, there is way better people out there from ruse, baulko and whatever top school.

HSC
for a prepared essay once (school already gave us the question), in 50mins i wrote 1700 words lol.. since i memorised every word by word of by heart, so pretty much didn't even think when i was writing lol.. i just wrote and wrote lol... and my writing was pretty messy..

I will never be able to write that much in an exam ever again.. i just got extremely lucky that time.

got nearly full marks LOL...

For trials i wrote

1600 for module c 19/20, 1100 module b 18/20 and module c like 1400 (I forgot to answer the question lol... so ended up with 15/20 and the teacher knew i prepared an essay so she marked me down)..

but im using 1000-1200 word essays now for HSC.. as quality is much better than quantity.. (condense your writing)...

but yeah i don't consider myself to be a large writer, there is way better people out there from ruse, baulko and whatever top school.
Omg... but i guess it's easier when you're given the question in advance and you don't have to adapt what you're writing, and like you did just memorise it word for word. Still 1700 words in 50 mins i consider to be A LOT! Or maybe i just have to improve my writing speed :(

How the hell did you manage to write that much for paper 2?! And don't you do standard? Everyone else who I know does standard writes around 900 words

And yeah for the HSC if you can fit that much into paper 2 i reckon 1000-1200 words for each essay is perfect. My essays are in between that amount but I have to cut them down so much because I can't write that much in 40mins :S

And yeah I know...but those people are not normal... too damn smart -_-

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Omg... but i guess it's easier when you're given the question in advance and you don't have to adapt what you're writing, and like you did just memorise it word for word. Still 1700 words in 50 mins i consider to be A LOT! Or maybe i just have to improve my writing speed :(

How the hell did you manage to write that much for paper 2?! And don't you do standard? Everyone else who I know does standard writes around 900 words

And yeah for the HSC if you can fit that much into paper 2 i reckon 1000-1200 words for each essay is perfect. My essays are in between that amount but I have to cut them down so much because I can't write that much in 40mins :S

And yeah I know...but those people are not normal... too damn smart -_-
Paper 2 I had memorised essays which i had adapted into multiple questions before hand (very generic) so i was able to write really fast with small changes.. (I had lots of practice before hand also allowing me to write faster)..

1700 words was crazy lol.. indeed but it wasn't necessary my teacher told me.. he told me i could've got the same mark without like the 700 words of useless -poor content LOOL in that essay..

im not smart btw and im just normal person who practices alot :p,,,, dw it becomes second nature once you do alot... I know people who write way more on this forum , they are the true smart ones XD..

Yes i do standard btw :), but i put in alot of effort in so i am pretty prepared for whatever contingency XD..

dw practice will get you speed!! good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)