related texts essay structure (1 Viewer)

Croompets

HSC
I just realised that my belonging essay had been prepped around having one related text. I have another but it only really relates to one of the issues i'm discussing. So what i'm asking is, can you have a second related text only relate to one issue in the essay, or does it have to be universal, like my 1st one?

SanjoyM

HSC
I think markers would want that you adress the issues or themes which are present in your prescribed text in your related text as well. But, if you really cannot find any other themes, maybe try integrating some of the information into the 2nd related text, or simply compare how the themes may differ, how it offers provocative insight and is thought provoking, how it differs from your first two texts of belonging or not belonging. If you can integrate, or rather compare your texts, providing an insightful, though provoking theme which simulates the marker, then it is fine. Otherwise, you will benefit more from adhering to the universal themes/issues.

Hope that helps!
Am currently in year 11, but have already started learning belonging :)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I just realised that my belonging essay had been prepped around having one related text. I have another but it only really relates to one of the issues i'm discussing. So what i'm asking is, can you have a second related text only relate to one issue in the essay, or does it have to be universal, like my 1st one?
universal would be good, so you can adapt it to anyone question.

I got 2 related texts prepared and 3 core texts (Peter Skrynezki's poems) just in case the question is not up to my expectations and to be ready for any contingencies.

I use 2 P.S and 1 related normally , all very generic and universal.

Body paragraphs are structured like this.

-1st p.s

-Related text

-2nd P.s

Ensure good comparisons/ differences/ connections between each other throughout your essay.

Croompets

HSC
The structure i'm doing in terms of my original post is:

Issue one - 1st prescribed text, 1st related text, 2nd related text

Issue two - 1st prescribed text, 1st related text

so all im doing is using my 2nd related text on one issue instead of 2

themanman

HSC
N/A
The structure i'm doing in terms of my original post is:

Issue one - 1st prescribed text, 1st related text, 2nd related text

Issue two - 1st prescribed text, 1st related text

so all im doing is using my 2nd related text on one issue instead of 2
Hmm

its more coherent to go:

Text 1 [issue 1] - paragraph 1

text 2 [ issue1] - paragraph 2

text 3 [ issue 1] - paragraph 3

Tie them in - paragraph 4 (shorter than the others)

Text 1 [ issue 2] .. etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)